Part 21

It's nightfall by the time I find Klaus talking to Caroline. I take a step to go warn Klaus when I'm stopped in place by an unknown force. I try to move then I realise "Esther. How nice of you to show up" Esther moves in front of me and smiles "I thought you'd see my side and end up helping me but not. No matter." I frown at her then I fall unconscious.

I wake up to see I'm at the old witch house and I see Esther, Finn, Bonnie, and someone I don't know. I stand up to see Finn falling to the ground, even Esther seemed confused "Something's wrong" "What the hell Esther. What did you do?" then I realised "Damon. It was a mistake to bring Elena into this. The Salvatore brother stabbed your children, not knowing Klaus isn't affected by the dagger." Finn suddenly wakes up and looks around. "What's going on. Mother? Kalina?" I realised Esther's spell wore off when he died. "My son, sleep" Finn falls to the ground unconscious before she turns to me. "The great thing is Kalina, I am the most powerful witch on this Earth and I've also learned a little spell that' very useful so" She grabs me and start to chant. Once she finishes I'm completely under her control, but I still have my conscious. So, this is how Finn felt. "Come, Kalina" I walk to the inside of the pentagon and wait for the originals to come. A few minutes later I can see Kol, Elijah, and Klaus coming forward "Esther, they're coming" She looks at me surprised "No it's too soon. The moon is not high enough." She turns to Bonnie and the other witch "Go quickly." Before turning to face her sons "My sons, come forward." She enters the circle and stands next to me. Kol attempts to walk forward but is stopped by the fire. "That's lovely. We are stuck out here while you use Kalina as your little leverage. How pathetic you are, Mother." Elijah steps in "Whatever you think of us, killing your own children would be an atrocity."

"My only regret is that I did not let you die a thousand years ago." Ooooo harsh much? "Enough." Klaus says "All this talk is boring me. End this now, mother, or I'll send you back to hell." "For a thousand years, I've been forced to watch you, felt the pain of every victim, suffered while you shed blood. Even you, Elijah, with your claim to nobility you're no better. All of you, you're a curse on this earth stretched out over generations. If you've come to plead for your life I'm sorry. You've wasted your time." What a bitch. As much as I'd like to kill Esther, I'm forced to stay in place. I lock eyes with Elijah, who's trying his best not to run and help me. Esther begins to start the spell when suddenly she stops "No. Sisters, do not abandon me!" The fire is growing stronger, but I still can't move. I can see Esther running away from the back, but I'm forced to stay in place. "Kalina! No!" I look right into Elijah's eyes with a smile before the fire erupts and I close my eyes, awaiting my demise, but then I feel hands around my waist and a little burn on my face. I open my eyes to see Finn next to me and the circle fire died down. The other boys come quickly to us, Elijah picking me up hugging me. "Bloody hell. Mother's escaped" "Doesn't matter we can deal with her another time." I move out of Elijah's arms and kneel down to Finn, who just looks at me. I give him a hug, which he returns "Thank you Finn" "You're welcome" I stand up, pulling Finn with me. "Can we just go home please." No other words were said as Elijah picked me up bridal style, quickly vamping back home.

"Where the bloody hell is everyone?" Elijah and I are in the study while the others are nowhere in sight. "It's over, Rebekah." "Where's mother?" "We have no mother, Only Esther. And Esther was right." Rebekah and I looked at him, extremely confused "What'd you mean?" "Although I talk of virtue, when it suits my needs, I kill, maim, and torment. Even today, I terrorized an innocent." "Elena is hardly innocent Elijah. She's tried to kill all of you more than once." "And I used Rebekah's hatred to get what I wanted." Turning to Rebekah "Wielded you like I would a sword my sister." I stood up and walked to Elijah, taking his hands in mine "You did it to protect us, Elijah, and rightly so." "We deserve to live. We are better than they are." Rebekah pitched in "Are we?" Elijah turns to Rebekah "Mother made us vampires. She didn't make us monsters." He looks at me "We did that to ourselves." Rebekah leaves to find Niklaus, leaving me and Elijah to ourselves "Elijah. Don't think of yourself as a monster. All the things you've done, what I've done, was to survive as a vampire. We don't really get much choice, considering our lifestyle. Besides, if you weren't a vampire, I would've never met you" Elijah smiles and pulls away getting a drink "Kol and Finn have left and I'm not too fond of this town. Will you follow me?" I look at Elijah like he was crazy "Last time I parted from you I didn't see you for a century. I think I'll stick with you till the end of time"