Part 20

I wake up the next day in Elijah's arms. He got scolded for Kol and Rebekah's actions so I cheered him up last night. He's still sleeping so I wiggle out of his arms to take a shower. Once done, I walk out in a towel, to see Elijah awake and almost fully dressed, sitting on the bed "Feeling better?" "Thanks to you of course." I walk and stand right in front of him "Glad to know I still have an effect on you" "You'll always have an effect on me love" He pulls me in and I straddle his lap, kissing him passionately.

I walk downstairs to the living room where Kol and Klaus were sitting "Don't you guys get tired going at it day and night?" Kol states as I go to sit next to Klaus "Oh please. You're just jealous you don't have a girl to satisfy your needs" I poke my tongue out at him, Klaus chuckling beside me. Kol glares when Rebekah walks in, making Kol stand up "Well, well, well there's our girl." Bekah tries to move past Kol but he blocks her movements "Get out of my way, Kol." "Out all night. What a scandal. I trust you did better than that commoner. Matt, was it?" "If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth." I see Klaus smiling beside me "Don't start, Nik." "I didn't say anything." "I'm bored. Our sister is a strumpet, but at least she's having fun. I need entertainment." "What are you waiting for? Go on. Have at it." "It's no fun to go alone. Kal will you come with me?" I shake my head and lean back on the couch. "Join me Nik. It's the least you could do after sticking a dagger in my heart." Oooo guilt trip. Nik sighs "Ok. Why not? I didn't have nearly enough to drink last night, what with you trying to murder Rebekah's date." The two boys stand up to leave "Yes, please go. This house has enough men rolling around in it." "Just like you, Bekah." I laugh as Bekah throws a shoe at Kol "Good riddance, both of you." "Rebekah." Elijah walks into the room with something in his hands "Not you, too, Elijah." "I'm worried about mother." That caught our attention "Have you not noticed her strange behavior?" "She's been dead for a thousand years what's strange for her?" "Burned sage. She was doing a privacy spell." I bite my lips "You know she fancy such things. Why don't you ask Finn?" "I don't trust Finn. He hates what we are. He always has." "That's not true. And as for mother, she returned for one reason, to make her family whole. She loves us. What trouble are you looking to find?" If only I could tell them. Screw you Esther. Rebekah walks off to get changed when I confront Elijah "Elijah" he turns to me "Can we go see Elena for a second."

We knock at Elena's door. I realised I can't talk freely but, Elena can. So, we decided to visit the new doppelgänger a visit. Elena opens the door and is surprised to see us "Elijah. Karline" "We don't mean to intrude but we was hoping you might accompany us. Elijah want to show you something." She grabs a coat and walks out of the house. We soon arrive at the destination and we all get out of the car "Forgot how much I missed this land." "Can't even imagine what it must have been like a thousand years ago." I can see Elijah reminiscing over past memories "You know, your school was built over an Indian village. Where I saw my first werewolf. The town square was where the natives would gather to worship. Matter of fact, near that was a field where wild horses used to graze." Elena seems to be impressed by Elijah's past "That's incredible." We reach a pile of huge rocks. "Do you know this place, too?" "I do. Below us is a cavern I used to play in as a boy, connects to a system of tunnels that stretch across the entire area. Perhaps it's nature's way of providing us with shelter against the savagery of the full moon." I turn to Elena "You know, Esther said there must be a balance." I can see Elena being quite nervous "I-I should probably go home." "I admire you, Elena. You remind me of qualities I valued long before my mother turned us." I stand back "It's not in your nature to be deceitful, and yet when I asked you about your meeting with my mother the other night, you lied to my face." "That's not true. I told you that all your mother wanted was a new start." "I can hear your heartbeat. It jumps when you're being dishonest with me. You lied to me at the ball and you're lying to me now. And I know Kalina cannot tell me of this situation so. Tell me the truth." Elena gives in, knowing she's been discovered "I never wanted this to happen." "What, Elena?" "We were told, that whatever was gonna be in that coffin was gonna kill Klaus. When we found out that it was your mother, we didn't know what to think. When she asked to see me, I-I thought that maybe she could help, that she would find a way to kill Klaus." "But it's not just Klaus that she wants to kill." Wait how can I talk freely? Whatever. Elijah turns to me "She wants to undo the evil she created. She wants to kill all of the originals" We both turn to stare at Elena, who's scared to death "I'm so sorry, Elijah. I wish there was something I could do to help." "You know, one thing I've learned in my time on this earth" Elijah calmly walks towards Elena "Be careful what you wish for." Elijah quickly smashes a hole in the ground and jumps in with Elena in his arms. A few moments later he returns. "I'm going to send Rebekah along with her" "I'm going to go find the others" "Don't tell Finn, I'm guessing Finn's involved with mother" "Actually no." he looked at me confused" "He's being forced to be her puppet. He's innocent. He may hate being vampires, but he loves you guys and doesn't want you guys to die" I look at my phone to call Klaus "You go find the Salvatores and warn them about Elena. Call me after" I give him a quick kiss and run off to find the other two.