Part 22

Elijah and I are walking together, admiring the leaves changing colour, having a great time away from Mystic Falls when we receive a call from a very scared Rebekah "Ahh dear sister. What's the matter?" "We have a problem. Mother has decided cause a little problem" I look at him in shock. "Great. I was hoping your mother would leave us alone. Tell us everything"

Elijah and I make our way to Elena's house since no one was at the Salvatore's house. We casually walk in and run into Elena "Stefan..." We hear fast footsteps and see everyone within the hallway "Karline. Elijah" I smile at them "Hello again." "Why are you guys back" "Well when you get a call from your best friend saying Alaric's an original vampire and a psychotic hunter, I think that's a pretty good reason to come back to this town" I nudge her out of the way and take a seat at the table. "All we need is to take the white oak stake away from Alaric." "Once he's been disarmed, the weapon's in my possession, my family will scatter to the ends of the earth. And Alaric will follow us." "And you'll just run." "They've done it before and so have I. Klaus and Rebekah spent the better part of a thousand years evading Mikeal." "What's another half century while Elena's able to live out the rest of her natural life?" "We finally stopped Klaus, Elijah. After everything that he's done to us, I can't just let you bring him back." "You've done things to us as well. Cause from what I've heard, you guys killed Finn." I glared at them "I give you my word, Elena. I will not revive Klaus within yours, nor even within your children's lifetimes. Perhaps it'll finally teach him some manners." "Why should she trust you? All you've done is screw her over." "And for that, I'm deeply ashamed. But know this she could have been dead the instant Kalina walked through that door tonight." I turn to Elena "So, Elena, we leave it to you to make the decision whether to trust us or not." "Not!" I then realise Damon's not present and is on the phone, screaming not to agree with our deal "Hello! Did that concussion give you brain damage? The lunatic siblings will kill you the first chance they get!" "Rebekah and Kol will honor the terms if you return Klaus' body to us." "Elena will come to no harm. Do we have a deal?" "No! No, no, no, no. Did I mention, no! Kal why are you even on their side?" I ignore Damon's comment "Elena, it's up to you." "Why do you want Klaus' body, Elijah?" "He's my brother. We remain together. Always and Forever" Elena looks at us and takes a breath "We have a deal."

After leaving the Gilbert house we meet up with Bek. I run up and hug her when I see her "Oh Bek. You're okay." "Kal. It's good to see you but we're not safe. Not even you. Mother hated you just as much as she hated us." "Alaric isn't going to hurt me" "Don't underestimate him Kal. He's strong, stronger than me." "We won't have to worry about the hunter." Elijah pitched in "Our deal is to get Niklaus's body and leave Elena and her friends alone. We must keep the deal alive. Rebekah you go and retrieve Niklaus's body and meet us back here. We'll have a van ready to take us to the airport." Bek goes to leave when I stop her "Wait, I'll go with you" "What no." Elijah tries to stop me "It's better for Rebekah to have a backup. Alaric's probably trying to find Klaus's body as well. I'm not going to risk her or Klaus getting killed. Please" I put a hand up to his cheek and he leans into my touch "I'll be fine" I give him a reassuring smile and kiss before leaving with Bek "You guys are perfect for each other" "I know. I just hope you meet someone just as amazing as you" She gives me a smile before taking my hand "Come on. Let's go find Niklaus and get out of this forsaken town"