Part 2

I move the tomb door and call out, "Katerina. Kit Kat come out. You know when you called me to come help you I didn't expect you to be trapped inside the tomb we were supposed to be trapped in 150 years ago" She walks towards me weakly but clutching her ears. "Oh my god I can hear you Kal no need to scream. And no I got trapped in here WHILE you were coming here. You took ages by the way." I roll my eyes at her and smile. "It's good to see you again sis. Now tell me why'd you called me here". She takes a deep breathe and explains everything from Elena to the moonstone to her plan with Klaus. I just look at her. "Really? You really think Klaus will let you go after all these years? You do know I almost died in 1919 saving him so I could get him to even partially forgive me? But then again, Klaus did want to break this curse 500 years ago as well. This might actually work" "This will work. I don't want to run anymore. So are you going to help me or not?" "What do you think?" I smile "I will always help you."

Suddenly Kat's starts to glare past me. My smile falters as I hear footsteps coming down to the tomb. " Hello, Elena". I quickly turn to see Elena and a blonde chick come down and stop when they see me. "Karline" "Karline? Oh great is she Katherine 2.0?" The blonde glares at me, apparently thinking I'm the exact same as Kat. "No I'm nothing like Katerina, until you piss me off blondie." "You come to watch me wither away? Goodbye, Caroline" "Kat be nice." Elena turns to blondie as says "It's okay Caroline. Katherine can't hurt me as long as I don't enter the tomb. And I trust Karline enough for her to not hurt me. Go, I'll be fine." I wave my fingers at her, telling her to leave. She looked like she was going to argue till Elena gave her a reassuring look. She looked at us one more time before turning to leave. "Now. What do you want to know Petrova? "

Elena turns to Katerina and starts to pull things out of her bag. "Katherine, I brought you some things." "You came to bribe me. What is it that you want?" "I want you to tell me about Klaus." She throws a pillow at her. I just look at her slightly surprised. "Hmm. You've been busy. Who told you about Niklaus?" She ignores me and pulls out an old book. "I also brought you this. It's your family history. It says in here that the family line ended with you two. Obviously, that's not true." "You think that if you brought me some family keepsake I'd open up?" I stare at her with my usual be niceface. Elena then pulls out a bottle of blood "I also brought you this." Kat tries to get to the blood. Her face showing her hunger. "You don't look so good. How long before your body shuts down? Ten, 20 years? Must be painful to desiccate and mummify. I can't even imagine." Poor Kat. She looks so pale and starved. She eventually gives into the hunger and we all sit down in front of the tomb entrance. Elena pours her a small amount of blood and pushes the cup towards her. With barely any strength she drinks the blood. "You have the Petrova fire." I tell her. 

"Well if you must know, it's a long story. The story of Klaus and us. Goes all the way back to 1492, after we left Bulgaria. Or was thrown out." "Thrown out?" "Our family, your true ancestors they disowned us, well Katerina. Her indiscretions were not tolerated at that time." "I had a baby out of wedlock. Shame." "It was kept secret." "Mm-hm. My baby was given away. I was banished to England but my sister here decided to come with me, something I'm grateful for. So we had to learn to adjust and quickly became English. It was there that we caught the eye of a nobleman named Klaus. We was taken with him at first, till we found out what he was and what he wanted from us. And then we ran like hell." "So what did Klaus want?" "Same thing that he'll want from you. He wants to break the curse. By sacrificing the Petrova doppelganger. He wanted to drain every single drop of blood from one of our bodies." "What does the Petrova bloodline have to do with Klaus?" "It's really tedious but the curse was bound by the sacrifice of Petrova blood. The doppelganger was created as a way to be able to undo the spell." "So you ran before he killed you." "Eh, something like that. A vampire who took a great interest in Katerina here, helped us hide in a cottage where another vampire was living." "Rose." "yup. I'm guessing you've met Rose-Marie and Trevor then" "Rose never ended up taking you back to Klaus, did she?" "No. But not because she had a change of heart." Elena gasped in shock and realisation. "You killed yourselves?" "Don't look so surprised Elena. Klaus needed a human doppelganger. As vampires, we were no longer any use to him." "But you guys have been running ever since." "We underestimated his spirit for vengeance. Living out of a suitcase is better than dying so that you could have your blood spilled over some silly rock." Elena looked sick. "What's wrong? Afraid I'm right? You don't wanna die? There's another way out. Better hurry. Your opportunity is going, going, going, and gone." Katerina smirked at her. "We made the other choice. Well I did. I just told Kalina to trust me. I was not going to lose my sister in cold blood." "Rose and Trevor spent the last 500 years running because you used them. Trevor just got killed." "Never thought he would've lasted that long." I admitted. "You don't even care that you ruined their lives." "I was looking out for myself, Elena. I will always look out for myself and my sister. If you're smart, you'll do the same." Kat then turns away from the tomb.

Elena stood up in disbelief, "How much of your little story is true?" "Why on earth would we lie about this Elena?" I say, slightly angry. I am ignored again, I'm starting to get annoyed with her. "Okay, assuming it's even partially true, that's the reason why you came back. Because you wanted to be the one to hand me over to Klaus. But then why is Karline here just now?" "Five hundred years on the run, I figured maybe he'd be willing to strike a deal. And as for Kal, I called her because you guys decided to Kill Mason Lockwood." "So you got Mason to find you the moonstone. But it's not just me or the stone, is it? Otherwise there would be no reason to trigger Tyler Lockwood's werewolf curse. So you need a werewolf." "Believe it or not, they're hard to come by." "What else?" "A witch and vampire." Caroline and Bonnie." "Could have been anyone, I suppose."." So you were gonna just hand us all over to be killed. What is wrong with you two. Do you not have any remorse?" "Look Elena. Try escaping from an Original for 500 years and separating from your twin to protect each other. Then you can come and complain to us. You have no idea how hard it's been, what Katerina and I have gone through. You're lucky your family's alive" I scolded her. I stand up and walk out of the tomb, I needed to get away from the story of the past. I miss my family. I wipe away my tears and start to walk away.