Part 9

Elijah and I are at the Salvatore's house explaining the ritual when we hear Damon come down "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelganger to the point of your death." "Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie." Elena steps in mad "No, Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." "I'll write her a great eulogy." "It's not an option, Damon." I step in before things got messy "Look this is an elixir Elijah acquired some 500 years ago for me. It can resuscitation Elena." "So I'll be dead? " "And then you won't." "That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date? You wanna come back to life, what about John's ring?" "Those rings only work on humans. A doppelganger is a supernatural occurrence. The ring won't work." What if the elixir doesn't work, Elena?" "Then I guess I'll just be dead." Elena focuses her attention to us "Do we know if Klaus has a werewolf?" "Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over 1000 years. If he doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is by tonight, he will. But you know Elena, there is a possibility this elixir won't work. I don't want to mislead you." "I know the chance I'm taking." Before we can say anything else we hear a huge commotion in the hall "Get out. - Jenna. Jenna. Get out. Jenna, put the crossbow down, okay? - It's me. - Stay away." We all go down the hall to see Alaric and Jenna aiming at Alaric with a crossbow. "What's going on?" "It's me, Elena. I swear, okay. He let me go. Klaus let me go." "Prove it. Okay. Uh, the first night you and I spent together, Jeremy walked in..." "Okay" Jenna quickly steps in, not wanting anything else to be said "it's him." "Why did he let you go?" "He wanted me to deliver a message. Sacrifice happens tonight." We made our way into the living room, to question Alaric "So you don't remember anything that happened?" "No. It's like I blacked out and woke up three days later." Alaric turns to me "Katherine was there." "I know. Damon snuck her some vervain but she's under compulsion. She can't leave till Klaus tells her she can." Elena looked around as I was talking "Where is Damon?" "I saw him go upstairs. So, what else did I do?" I looked at Jenna who seemed to be slightly fuming but then she should know it was Klaus and not Alaric. Suddenly we hear a scream from upstairs. Stefan, Alaric and Jenna quickly run but I stay put with Elijah. "My guess is Damon fed her his blood" "Well we're not wrong love, I can hear the fight already" I chuckle a little and see a very pissed off Damon making his way to his whiskey. "Sounds like you won't be needing this anymore. Feeding her vampire blood rendered it useless. Tell Elena we'll be back before nightfall." "We all know that elixir wouldn't have worked, anyway." I glare at him pissed. He never learns"Your problem, Damon, you talk a good game, but you don't actually know anything. She'll never forgive you. And never for a vampire it's a very long time." I spit towards him before making my way out with Elijah.

"Please tell me I'm not the only one getting annoyed with Damon's attitude" "No I'm pretty sure everyone there is pretty pissed at him right now tho" I turn towards Elijah "You would've made sure I came back in anyway right?" "Of course love. I can't live without you" I smile and give him a kiss and a hug. "I'm going to go back and try to cool Damon off. Before he tries anything stupid tonight." "Okay love. Meet me before nightfall though." "Of course" With that, I make my way around town, trying to find Damon.

I finally find him at the grill with Alaric and surprisingly Klaus. I see Klaus leaving the duo so I my presence be known by him. "Kalina" he looked at me surprised "It been a century" "Yea I miss Chicago." "What are you doing here?" "Well Katerina called me to help her but now that she's in your possession" I shrug my shoulders at him "I don't know. It's not like I can convince you to let her go" Klaus chuckles "No you can't. But don't worry, I'll let her go eventually. Maybe she'll have a chance to sacrifice herself for me sometime." He turns to leave when I stop him "Klaus" I'm about to ask him to cancel the sacrifice when I stop myself "I'll see you around" He just smiles at me and leaves the grill. As much as I'd love to stop him I just can't. He's being suffering for 1000 years. He's not completely evil, just misunderstood. I can't bring myself up to stopping a friend. Now I'm torn between sides. Help or stop Klaus.