Part 1

I drive past the sign that says Welcome to Mystic Falls, thinking why on earth my sister would call me to come to this hellhole.

Flashback Starts

I walked into my New York penthouse apartment with both my arms carrying the result of a typical shopping spree. I chuck my bags down on the couch and head to the fridge to drink from a blood bag. I walk to my couch when my phone goes off. I don't bother to see who's calling. "Hello?" "Hey sis how's life in the big apple?" "Katerina. To what do I owe the pleasure?" "Geez nice to hear from you too" "Okay geez hi, what do you need?" "I need your help. Come to Mystic Falls." "Do I get a choice?" "Nope" I can practically see her smirking on the phone. "Ughhh. Fine, but you owe me." "Love you too"

I hang up the phone and sigh. My twin sister and I will always come for each other when we need help. We've only got each other. So many people misunderstands her intention, but then so do I at times. Oh well I guess it's my turn to help her. I start to pack some clothes and decide to get some sleep before driving tomorrow.

Flashback Ends

I sigh and think, out of all the places, why did it have to be Mystic Falls. Mystic is in the name for a reason. I just hope nothing from the past decides to come back a haunt me. I soon pull up to the middle of town. As I walk past a place called Mystic Grill I feel someone touch my arm. "Hey Elena. What you doing here." I turn to see a young boy with dark blonde hair and blue eyes stare at me. Elena? I wonder who she is. "Hey, um yea I'm just heading out." "Where's Stefan?" Stefan, oh god. "Oh, yea I'm heading out to see him right now. I'll see you later okay. Bye" I quickly pull away and head towards my car with the regret of already coming back. I quickly drive to the Salvatore Boarding House and wonder, Oh Kat, why did you call me here.

I pull up to the house and quickly knock on the door. The door opens up to a familiar face. Damon Salvatore. Oh great. He looks at me confused and shocked, "Katherine. How'd you get out?" "Nope guess again." " Karline" "Ding ding Yup. Now where did you trap Kat?" He tries to tackle me and I quickly flip him over and break his neck. Did he forget I'm way older than him? I walk to the living room to see Stefan and the doppelgänger sitting down. "Katherine" "No. Ughh Can you not tell us apart? Stefan I would've thought you'd be able to tell the difference between us after all these years." "Karline" "Yup." I focus my attention on the doppelgänger. "Now you must be Elena." She tries to look tough but I could tell, she's terrified. I smile at her "Please I'm not going to hurt you...for now. You just need to tell me one thing." I take the smile off my face. "Where is my sister?"