Awakening

A few hours went past since you got attacked by the pack of beowolves, and you just started to wake up. To your left was Tai who was waiting for you to wake up, and to your right was Ruby, who was crying and wishing you would say something. After a few minutes, you managed to open your eyes and sit up, causing Ruby to immediately tackle you into a hug, and Tai shook your hand and commended you for your actions then left to make coffee. Ruby was beginning to feel better.

"Told you I would be right back." You said, causing her to chuckle a bit.

"Don't ever do that to me again, you hear me!" She scolded you. "You had me worried." Her voice softened.

"I had to. They would have attacked us anyways, and I could not see you or your dad get hurt-" You began, getting cut off by Ruby as you attempted to defend yourself.

"So you risked your life to save ours? You know we could have handled it too!" Ruby yelped.

"To be fair, you didn't have your weapon, and knowing your hand to hand is not as great as mine, you would have probably died." You said with sympathy. "I should probably teach you what I know sometimes." You say with a smirk.

After a few more minutes Tai came back in with coffee, to speak to you:

"So, Y/N. Where do you live? As in outside of Beacon?" He asked, wanting to make sure you not a shady person on the inside.

"I- I don't have a home outside Beacon. My parents were killed by a huntsman and a huntress when I was very young. I can't remember them all too well." You said with a bit of anxiety in your voice.

"So who looked after you all these years? How did you survive from that young age without any guardians?" He continued to ask.

"Well…" the knot in your stomach felt like it was going to stop your heart at any second. "It's complicated. Roman Torchwick took… me… in." You said, your voice becoming more shameful with each word. "We kinda met at a dust store at the beginning of the year." Your voice was getting higher and more faded, you were cringing so badly, it felt like your lips were going to suck right to the back of your head and cut your head clean off from your jaw.

"WHAT!? SO YOU ARE ONE OF THE GUYS WHO RUBY FOUGHT AT THE DUST STORE IN THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR!?" Tai yelled in shock and fear for Rubys safety.

"Before we get out of hand, I changed. I am not affiliated with Roman anymore, I never will go back. Please don't hate me." You said in fear of your life and your relationship.

"Dad! Dad, it's okay! He has changed and I love him very much please you have to understand! He has truly changed for the better. It was not his fault that he was that way!" Ruby immediately intervened to prevent what would most likely be bloodshed about to happen.

"And how long have you been affiliated with this man?" He asked, wanting a clear answer.

"Since I was…" it took you a while to think, "five or six?" You said, trying to remember specifically. "I didn't know any better. He came up to me and offered refuge with him, I saw him as a father. I didn't know it was wrong, I guess you could say he brainwashed me into thinking the authorities are the bad guys." You said with shame. You wished you could go back and protect your family, then you wouldn't have done all those bad things.

"I… I understand now. Sure, you may have been a criminal, but you seem to have a reasonable excuse for what you did. But why should I trust Ruby with someone who robbed Dust stores, who killed people, and who attempted to kill my own daughter?" He said with sympathy, then asked you a tough one.

"Honestly, there is no excuse for what I've done, and there is no reason to trust me, however, I can always try to make amends with those I have hurt. If they hate me, then I don't blame them. All I ask for is a chance." You said truthfully while hoping for the best.