Independance

You and Ruby have just finished being questioned by Ironwood about the mysterious girl. Then it dawned upon you that she looks familiar, but you simply cannot place her.

"Ruby, wait here." You say before rushing into the office again.

"Sir! I have another detail for you." You say nervously but excitedly.

"What is it?!" Ironwood asked, intrigued by your sudden reappearance.

"It's that girl. I was just outside the office when it dawned on me that I recognized the girl, but I don't know her name. She works with Roman." You say shocked.

"What! How can we believe you. An ex-criminal, with a bounty, protected by nothing more than a headmaster, a criminal who has six months left to capture Torchwick or else he gets life in jail?" He said skeptically.

"Remember I used to work with Roman, I recognized the hair and the eyes. She works with Roman, though neither her or he ever mentioned her name." You say, irritable that no one believes you, but who can blame them?

"Very well then. If you are lying to me, then we will have another crime to your list, and that is obstruction of justice. And then your crimes will add up and give you the sentence of the death penalty. Do I make myself clear?" Ironwood said sternly.

"Yes, sir." You say. "I'll take my leave."

"Ruby. I'm back. I recognized the girl. She works with Roman, but no one mentioned her name." You say excitedly that you have a new lead.

"Oh... Wow." Ruby said shocked that you picked up the detail. "I guess we one step closer to your freedom." Ruby said.

You and her headed back to the dorm to make a plan. You and the rest of the team had just finished a plan to find Roman, then you heard a knock at the door.

You opened it to have the police tackle you to the ground and arrest you.

"What is the meaning of this? I was promised 12 months of freedom. I still have 6 months left! Ozpin and the Police Lieutenant both said so!" you argued.

Team RWBY watched on in horror as you were taken away.

"Any last words?" Yes. Can I please have 5 minutes with the team? You say, scared and pissed off that the police went back on their word.

"You guys know, you know I was promised 12 months of freedom, and still have six months left. You know that right?" you asked. Looking for closure.

"You right." The four girls said in unison.

"Ruby. I will get Ozpin out to the precinct, and he will clear this up and he will get me out by the end of the week! understand, I refuse to leave you. Not yet. Not like this." You said in denial. Worried about how this will affect the team, Ruby most of all.

"I love you." Ruby said, saddened as the police came to take you away.

"I love you too." You say tears running down your face, but you refusing to cry.

Before the police could grab you. Ruby ran to you, and you ran to Ruby, and you had what you thought was the last kiss of your petty young life.

"Alright break it up loverboy, you going away for the rest of your days." The police lieutenant said irritably

Timeskip to Ozpins office

"Officer there is a mistake. The police and I have a deal that Y/N is to stay in my custody until the end of the year. And should he capture Roman by or before then, he will have his name cleared of all his crimes. That was the original bargain." Ozpin said in your defense.