Chapter sixteen. (Courtney)

I'm glad Chris trusted me enough to tell me about his past in Miami, and I'm glad he let it out. My mom always told me that in pain, there is healing, maybe Chris could start his healing process now. 

   We were good, and Orlean thought a quick couples trip was needed. Jamaica, the week before I left for the world cup. Me, Chris, Orlean, Kevin, Marco and Kaylin. 

Marco and Kaylin seemed to be getting quite close, and I was beyond elated for them. They seemed so happy together, not to mention they reminded me of Chris and I when we were in college.

       The flight went smoothly, however something was bothering Chris.  I wish he would actually talk about it instead of keeping it all in.

Anyway, Me and the girls were about to go to the beach.  Kaylin had a little hot pink bikini, Orlean wore a turquoise monokini with the sides out,  and I had on my coral bathing suit. It was high waisted shorts and a bikini top, it was beautiful. 

    Us girls were in the kitchen getting drinks before we headed out when the guys came in.  Everyone else was lovey dovey, but Chris was scowling at me.     

     "You're not wearing that." He growled.

  Has this fool lost his mind ? "Uh, yes I am Christian."

  "Courtney, if you don't change I in this instant, I'll take it off for you."

Yup, he left his mind in America. Lord Jesus, please tell me who this fool thinks he's threatening?  "I'm not changing my bathing suit Christian. I like it, I'm wearing it. Deal."

I knew he was really angry because his eyes went from that blue gray color to straight gray, and he called me Courtney. I was either Courtney Lynn, Cara, Lynn or Taylor. Never Courtney.

"What the fuck is your problem, Courtney ? Why can't you fucking listen?" Christian asked as he grabbed me and tossed me over his shoulder. 

"Christian Anthony Aderson, if you don't put me down right now, I will"

"You will what.." He didn't get a chance to finish before I bit him.

    He dropped me, and I took this as a time to kick him right in his balls.

"Ouch." He exclaimed.

I smirked, thinking I won the war, until he put my arms over my head and dragged me back to our room.  He tossed me on the bed while telling me that I was going to regret that.

"Why are you so angry Christian? " I whispered. I wouldn't think in a million years Christian would drag me.

"I don't want you to go, Courtney Lynn. I don't want you to go." He yelled.

    I was confused. "Go to Brazil ?" He nodded yes. 

"I don't want you to go and find that you can do better than me. That you deserve better than this.  What if you go and some guy has more money than me or"

I kissed him. "Christian, I wouldn't go if you told me that." 

"Um no. You've wanted to do this since I've met you. I can't take away your dream. It's not fair. You'd hate me and I'd hate myself." 

"Christian, I love you. I don't care about money or this game or any other guy. You mean so much more than any World Cup ever would." He smiled.

"How did I get so lucky, to have a girl like you ? I love you Courtney Lynn."

"I love you too, Mr. Aderson."  I said as I started to untie my top.

"Wait, what are you doing? Your bathing suit is fine." He told me while he re tied it.

"I'm sorry for dragging you, and picking you up." He whispered in my ear. "But I will spank you for biting me and kicking me." He chuckled as he walked back into the kitchen.

    The beach was nice, but we had to tell a considerable amount of admirers that we weren't on the market. 

After we had our fun, we went to go change for dinner. I put on a cute, simple green maxi dress, with gold Michael Kors sandals, and gold  jewelry. I put my hair into a huge top knot and swiped a little eyeliner and lipstick on.

    The restaurant was nice. It was right on the beach, you could literally put your food down, take 5 steps, and you were at the water. I guess it was private though cause it was only us 6.

    "Wow, you look astonishing." Chris said as he held out my chair. I smiled.

"You look handsome as well."

He did. He was wearing  white slacks with a green button down and white boat shoes. His hair was slicked back, and he had the perfect amount of scruff on his face.

      The food came, and it was delicious. I had some sort of shrimp , I seriously don't even know what it was called, but I knew how incredible it was.  All throughout dinner, we talked and laughed. I'm really glad these are my friends because they were wonderful.  Dessert came, I had Coconut Cake, when Marco nudged Chris.

Even though Marco and Chris were step brothers, they looked extremely similar. They both had really dark, almost black hair, with blue eyes. They were both really tall, even though Chris was taller at 6'5, than Marco at 6'4, and they both had really easy smiles. The big difference was Chris is usually the charming jerk, while Marco was always joking around or having fun.

         "Courtney Lynn, I love you.  I know I'm not the easiest person to get along with, but you still put up with me.  I know that I can be a jerk, an asshole and a douche, and I promise you I'll work on it, but will you make me a happy and lucky Jerk, asshole and douche by being my wife ?"  He said as he got on one knee.   I started to cry.

"Of course I'll marry you. You're my asshole." Everyone was clapping and cheering as he slid on the ring.  I'm gonna be Mrs. Aderson.

    "Now go make me some cute little swirly babies." Orlean commanded us. I rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry, I got that covered." Was Chris's remark as he walked me out of  the restaurant. 

"Why thank you, Mr. Aderson." I said as he opened the door.

"My pleasure, Mrs. Aderson." He winked. This was going to be a long night.