Chapter thirteen. (Courtney)

Everything was good after our little blow up.  The team won the super bowl thanks to my boyfriend, and things were perfect at home. Everything was excellent until We had to go to a banquet for the team's performance at the super bowl.

     Even though it was a beyond freezing night in February,  I wore a little black dress that hugged my curves, some comfortable black pumps with a pretty gold necklace. Since my hair was straightened out, I put it in a sock bun. I really didn't like people staring at or asking to touching my hair. Black girls can have long hair.

  "Wow, you're beautiful." Chris said as he kissed me.

"You look quite handsome yourself, Mr. Aderson."  He wore a gray button down with black slacks and black shoes. He blushed as we walked to his Audi.  The ride over was pleasant, even though we were quiet. Sometimes I just liked being around him without having to say anything.

     At the banquet, I received way too many eye rolls from other girlfriends and wives, while also receiving quite a few compliments and whistles from the players. I forgot they only see me in sweats and t-shirts. Chris simply held my waist closer, and kept smiling.

      The ceremony was nice,  however as were eating, I felt someone staring at us.   She looks familiar. I thought as I looked at the curvy pretty Hispanic woman. She smiled a creepy smile and walked over.

    As soon as she sat down beside Chris, I recognized her. "Emily?"  This chick was the wannabe HBIC from my school. I know she's always resented me because her and Chris had a fling before me and him started dating, And I took the captain spot from her.

"Hi bitch. Hey honey." She greeted us. Chris put his arm around me. The other people stopped eating to watch.

   "It's cute, the fact that you guys are together again. Adorable actually.  It'll be nice to be near you again, Miami was so fun." She laughed.
Why is she here ? and what was she talking about Miami ?

  "Oh, you don't remember honey ? All those late nights, All those bottles ? Remember when we even went to rehab together ?"

Chris was practically squeezing me.

"Chris, what is she talking about ?" I asked quietly. Why was Chris in rehab

"You didn't tell your little girlfriend ? I will than. Your man is a fucking alcoholic that has some bomb dick. I lovvvvveeeee riding that big.."

"Emily that's enough." Chris finally said. I could tell he was mad, but why ? He would've told me that, right?

Emily shrugged her shoulders. "Your little girlfriend should know how much fun we used to have.  Since I'm in Maryland now, we can still have fun."

"Chris, what is she talking about?" I asked louder this time. Our entire table was dead silent. Christian just ran his hand through his hair while sighing.

"Courtney, we weren't together and.." I cut him off by throwing my drink in his face. 

"Don't even bother coming home tonight." I said before storming away.