Chapter seventeen (Chris)

Courtney was gone for three weeks, and I missed her the whole time. I was honestly bored, because my best friend was in Brazil with soccer players. At least I had Hope.

    Even though Hope was only 4 now, she acts just like her mom. They're both always smiling, always happy.  They will both stick up for other people, and most of all, they took their hair seriously. Hope made me redo her ponytail 6 times because it wasn't up to her standards. Serious pretty girl.

  Anyway, these past 3 weeks have been, less than. I had taken Hope out for ice cream when some woman came up to us, saying how she was pregnant with my kids, then proceeded to call my pretty girl names I wouldn't repeat. Somehow the media got wind of that, spun it so I was the bad guy. I'll admit, I did some pretty wild shit in Miami, but up here ? I don't even litter and I'm the big bad wolf.

       I'm just glad my fiancee is coming home. I thought as I drove to the airport to retrieve my queen.   

   As soon as she saw me, Courtney ran over. I picked her up and kissed her, not even caring who was around. I missed everything about her. Then I heard cameras flashing and people staring to ask questions. God I hate when people recognize me.

"Chris, is this your mistress ? The one you left Ms. Sherwin for ?"

Who in the holy history of fucks is Ms. Sherwin ? Isn't that the address from that Nemo movie ?

"Let's get out of here." Court whispered in my ear. I grabbed her luggage, and walked out to my car with the best woman in the world.

        "Soooooooo what have you been up to ?"  Courtney asked when we got in my Corvette StingRay.

"Uh, some woman claims to be carrying my children. Apparently I'm a dead beat dad, and I got in a fight at that stupid gala." I told her while driving home.

"A fight Christian ?" She groaned while rubbing my hair. "We were doing so well with your anger issues. And why at a gala ?"

I sighed. "This guy thanked me for donating to whatever charity Hope came from.  I told him politely that Hope was my daughter and He just said it again, so we got into it."  Courtney rolled her eyes and shifted in her seat.

     Did she gain weight ?

"Are you okay Cara ? Do you need anything ? "
Are you pregnant ?

"No, I'm just a little tired, I'll just take a nap."  

I shook my head, pulling into my garage.  I quickly swooped Courtney up, and tucked her into our bed, then turned on the tv.

Breaking news, Receiver Chris Aderson spotted at the airport with his mistress. Chris Aderson,  gets into a fight at the all black gala. Has Aderson lost control?

Seriously ? On what planet is this breaking news ?  Why are these even headlines ? I sighed and went to get Hope from my parents house.   

(quick AN.)

Thanks for 1k views, it means so much to me ! This was a filler chapter, it's about to get better. But seriously, thanks for the views ! -Much Love, Abby.