Chapter twenty. (Courtney)

If I had to describe my weekend in one word, it would be perfect.

Everyone took the baby news so well. I thought my dad might be kind of upset, but he was happy.

Then, Chris gave me the Chanel bag as a gift. I seriously don't know how he pulled that off, but he did.

He got me the bag, with a silver Chanel watch, the Chanel No. 5 perfume, and a pair of sparkly silver Jimmy Choo heels. I don't think I've ever said thank you so many times in my life, I really appreciated it.

  Monday came, and I guess something had to test my patience.  Everyone was out on the field, even though it was almost lunch time.

Me and Kaylin  were sitting on the ground, we had just completed a karaoke version of Dream On, and we were still laughing when Emily and some light skinned chick rolled up on us.

       "You Courtney ?" The lady asked.

"Yes, how may I help you?"

  "You can stop messing with my man." She said with an attitude.

Who is her man. This better not be another one of Christians hoes.

"Martis." She sucked her teeth.

  I busted out laughing.  Tears falling, stomach and side hurting laughing.

The chick was rolling her eyes, getting irritated with me.

"It just sounded like you said I was messing around with Martis." I said once I got myself together again.

"Bitch did I stutter ?  I'm from Southeast DC, you don't want this hoe." She yelled. 

This woman is crazy. 

Everyone was circling around, seeing who this Crazy Bitch was screaming at.

"Honey,    listen up. I don't want your man, I don't like your man, I don't give a fuck about your man. Secondly, I don't give a shit what hood you're from. I really don't.  I'm not going to fight you either, sweetheart." 

"Cause you scared. You know you don't want this."

I sighed. "First off, Martis isn't worth me getting into a fight.  Then I'm pregnant. I don't know you, sweetie, but you're dismissed. Please exit, and next time you want to get in someone's face, take the time to brush your teeth."

I didn't have to be cruel, but she tried it. All the players were howling with laughter.

  Then Emily came in. "Don't try to get cute.  You mad cause your man was with me for my birthday week. We didn't leave his apartment all week long." She smirked.

Fix it Jesus. 

There were a chorus of ooohhs and oh shits.

"Oooh really ? When is your birthday ?"

"May 25th." She smiled with pride.

"Fix it, Jesus." I mumbled. 

"You're quiet now, Courtney. Too bad."

"I'm trying to figure out how you pick the week I got engaged, the week we weren't even in the country, for your lies Emily."

That smug look disappeared from her face with a quickness. 

Every one was now laughing at her. She actually looked shocked.

"You should really move on with your life. "  I told her as I walked away.

This is going to be a long week.