Chapter thirty one. (Courtney)

I didn't mean to let out all of my insecurities, in a restaurant of all places, but I felt a million times better after I  cried on Chris.  In pain, there is healing.

  "Hey, can I show you something?" Chris asked.  He ran his hand through his hair, and looked really nervous.

"Of course." Chris led me to his Mercedes, opened my door and got in. 

  We  drove in a comfortable silence for about 15 minutes, before turning down a quiet little street. 

"Close your eyes, Cara." Chris said excitedly.  I closed my eyes,   felt the car stop, and then Chris helped me out of the car.  

"Okay, you can open your eyes now."   As soon as I opened my eyes, I gasped.

  It was a beautiful single family house, set on a hill. You could tell from the outside that the house was huge, and best of all, it had a brick front with green trim.  I adore brick fronts.

"If you don't like it, we don't have to get it."   

"Shut up Chris. I love it." I told him, staring at the house.

"Can we take a tour?" I asked. 

"Oh yeah, but can I talk to you first?"

Now he's gonna say he's leaving me. I should've known.

   We sat on the front steps as I prepared for the worst. 

"Um, Court, did you really mean what you said about not wanting to quit your job?" Chris asked hesitantly. 

"Yeah. I liked my job, I worked really hard to get that job, and now it's gone." I looked down.

"Why didn't you tell me Courtney?" He asked, stroking my face.  The water works started up again. 

"Cause I didn't want you to be unhappy.  If losing my career meant keeping you happy then, so be it."

  Chris hugged me tightly, for a long time before saying anything. "I'm sorry.  I should have asked you, not forced you.   I know I can't change the past, but will you please forgive me darling?" 

I've never seen Chris so, remorseful. 

  "I forgive you, Christian. I love you."

He kissed my forehead. "I love you more."   We had a really cute little moment.

"Can I have my tour now , Lord Christian?" I asked in a bad fake British accent.

"Right this way, Lady Court."

We both burst out laughing, then entering the mini mansion.

    The house was enormous without being 'showy'. 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, a den, family room, state of the art kitchen, a nice back yard , an in ground pool,  and a colossal walk in closet. The neighborhood was really quiet, but I saw a neighbor who had a little girl around Hope's age. A nice place to raise a family.

  "So do you like it?" Chris asked nervously. "I mean, I know we can't live in my condo forever, but we can look at other places if you don't like it."

I kissed him. "Chris, I've wanted it ever since I saw the walk in closet. " 

He looked so relieved. "Oh, and the school district is good, I checked them out." 

I smiled at him. "You're amazing."

"Let's get out of here."

   My phone died on the way home, so we had to listen to the God awful radio. I started flipping through the stations when I heard that P!nk song, and started to sing along.

  Just give me a reason, just a little bits enough

just a second, we're not broken just bent, and we can learn to love again

It's in the stars, it's been written in the scars on our hearts

we're not broken, just bent, and we can learn to love again.