Chapter twenty four. (Chris)

Hunters aunt was coming to get him today,  so Court was coming to work in the afternoon.

Although I didn't want her to work at all, and we argued about it for a month, I was going to miss having her around here. 

It was supposed to be an okay day. Just reviewing game film in the morning, light practice after lunch.  Things don't always go as planned though.

   It started in the morning. I don't know why Martis was going off about Courtney,  but I  made him shut up really quick. I was trying not to fuck him up, cause I promised Court I wasn't going to fight people.   I actually kept that promise till practice.

   Coach let me sit a series out because , well I'm the best player on the team.  I was sitting on the sideline, just chatting it up with Kaylin, when Martis came out of nowhere.

  "How's my little bastard and her bitch ass mother ?"  

I know this idiot isn't talking about my fiancee and daughter.

"My daughter and my fiancee are fine." I said cautiously.  That made Martis mad, I didn't really care.

"That brat is mine, I don't care what the fuck what that bitch..." He didn't get a chance to finish  before my fist connected with his jaw.

    I heard coach scream at me to get off of him,  I felt my teammates try to get me off of him.  I wasn't done. I was tired of him disrespecting Courtney,  I was angry about how he treated her when they were together. I couldn't stop. Until I heard her.

      "Chris, you gotta calm down." Immediately, I got off of him. I didn't realize how bad his face was messed up either, he had a broken nose, a cracked jaw, two black eyes and swollen, bleeding lips.  Courtney is probably disappointed and scared.  

    "What happened? " She asked while we walked towards the bleachers to sit. I ran my hand through my hair,   not really wanting to tell her.

"Are you afraid of me?"

She smiled a little. "I'm not afraid of you, not anymore." Court sat beside me.

"Why? If I were you, I'd run away from me."

  "Cause I love you Christian, and you told me you won't hurt me."

How did I ever get so lucky to have her? I thought as I kissed her forehead.

      "How was Hunters aunt ?" I switched subjects. Courtney looked down.

"She was really grateful that we took him in.  She told me that Hunter was her only family left, so I invited them back for thanksgiving and Christmas."

"That was kind, Courtney." I rubbed her hair.

"You never told me why you were in the fight, mister." Courtney sassed. I sighed before just telling her. 

   Court's eyes got wide, then she marched, well waddled , over to where Martis was. 

"You leave my family alone, good sir." She yelled at him.  You couldn't clearly understand what he said back, but apparently he said something about Hope.

"She's not your daughter Martis. Now leave my family alone." She said slowly.

Martis smirked. "Or what are you going to do ?"

Did he just threaten Courtney ?

"Or I'm going to let Chris finish what he started. By looking at what's left of your face, I don't think you want that." Courtney announced,  making me smile.

I've taught my baby well. That stupid smirk was quickly replaced with a face of terror. 

     After that, practice was over. Coach wanted to suspend me, but it was opening week. Courtney had to go to the trainers room  and I had to go pay my $500,000 fine.

Don't they realize I just signed a $120 million dollar contract ? These little fines don't bother me at all.

   I finished paying that, then went to wait for Court.  I was about to walk in the room when I heard someone ask her about me.

   "Why are you with Chris ?  He's cocky, arrogant asshole that's always mad. You're a good girl." the guy said.

"I love him, he makes me happy.  He's my cocky arrogant asshole that's always mad." Courtney replied. 

That made me so happy.

"Well, you deserve better. You'd be the queen of my castle," He needs to stop talking, or I'm fucking him up next.

Courtney laughed. "Well, this queen already has a king, a princess and two little princes on the way. Now I'd appreciate if you would stop trying to spit game." Courtney got up and ran right into me.       

   "Hey,  let's go home." She whispered in my ear. I held her hand as we walked to my car. I'm lucky to have her.