Chapter twenty six. (Courtney)

Time passed quickly, and before long I was 8 months.  January 10th was my due date, and it was already December 1st.

Hope was at one of her friends birthday party, Chris had a game, and Orlean was at my house. I feel like we haven't even seen each other in ages.

  "Hey, Court, how do you and Chris do it?  You guys make relationships seem so easy. All me and Kevin do is argue." She sighed as she sat beside me on the sofa.

I hated seeing my best friend look depressed. 

"It's not easy, Hon. Relationships are hard work. " I said.

"Yeah, but how you guys just, make it work ?"

  "Compromise. Me and Chris fight, he pisses me off daily, and I want to strangle him 50% of the time, but then he does something to make me remember why I fell in love with him to begin with.   Then we put our egos aside and apologize, because we'd rather lose an argument than lose each other."

   "How'd you know you loved him ?" 

"We were in school, we'd been dating for a year, and we had a bad argument. Like, throwing things at each other, name calling, about to break up bad argument. Chris left out for maybe 2 hours, and the whole time he was gone, I  worried if he was okay. Anyway,  He came back with a pint of chunky monkey and Save the last Dance for me, and we watched it for the rest of the night.   Eventually we talked about the argument and apologized, but I knew I loved him when I was more when I was worried about him, and how he was."  I smiled at the memory.  

Orlean was about to say something when the doorbell rang.

  "Let me get that." I said as I began to waddle to the door.

     It was Kevin, looking just as depressed as Orlean. I chuckled a little, knowing that they did love each other, they were just too stubborn to admit it.

"Orlean is upstairs, and you guys can talk in a guest room." 

"Thanks Court." He said as he came in. 

    The two lovebirds went in a guest room and I did my normal Sunday routine,  even though it hurt to walk. I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, grabbed a water bottle, and sat to watch pregame coverage for the next 4 hours, when I felt water run down my leg.

I know my water didn't break.   I screamed as a contraption ripped through my body. Orlean and Kevin ran downstairs, asking what was wrong. "Call Chris, I'm in labor."