Chapter twenty five. (Courtney)

Although Friday was my last day, it was a busy day. I had to drop Hope off with Chris's parents for the weekend.  I still had about ten player reports, which take maybe a half hour or so, make sure everything was going to be smooth after I left, then say my goodbyes to everyone. On top of that,  I had to attend an event with Chris later. 

      I finished those reports in no time, and then gave the new guy a tour of the facility. Hopefully, he was a lot tougher than he looked, otherwise he won't last a month here.

  I was walking back to the trainers room when Kaylin came and dragged me away.

   " Hey, wassup Kay ?" I asked, slightly annoyed.

She blushed, "I just wanted to see my nephews and my sister."  She smiled.

I knew we called each other sisters,  but something about the way she said it made me think twice.

My suspicion was confirmed when she held out her hand. Marco put a ring on it !!!!

"OMG We're gonna be sisters !"   We started screaming and jumping around.  

After about five minutes, we composed ourselves to get to the trainers room.

"After you, Mrs. Aderson." Kaylin held the door open for me.

"Why, thank you, Mrs. Adozzi." We laughed as we entered the room.

    "SURPRISE!!!!!!!"  Everyone yelled as soon as we came in.  Coaches, front office people, the other trainers, Mr. Torres and Mr. George , cafeteria workers, some players, even though it was their day off.  There was cake and balloons and everything.

"Courtney,  it has been a privilege to have you here with us. This is for you." Mr. Torres said as he hugged me.

  I cried a little, it was so nice.  Everyone stayed and partied until I had to go. Even though I'd only been here for a year and a half, these people became a second family, and I was going to miss them.  

        I got ready for the event in no time.  I was pregnant, but I still made the strapless yellow floor length gown look good. 

My hair was straightened, falling  around my breast.

Pregnancy did my hair well. I thought. Chris came in and whistled.

  "I didn't know your hair was that long." 

I giggled. "Don't let the shrinkage fool you, loverboy." 

He came up behind me and hugged my waist. " Si guarda bella, cara (you look beautiful, darling) Potremmo non farcela stasera. (We might not make it tonight)" He started kissing my neck.  He always does this. God it feels soooooooo good.

"Maybe later, Chris." I panted as I squeezed from under him.   

" Ho meglio che un po 'più tardi, stupendo. Per tutta la notte. (I better get some later, all night long.)" He said as he grabbed his keys.

  The banquet was really nice, people coming together to raise concussion awareness,  but of course, someone had to bring the drama.  Of course, it was the infamous Emily. 

We were eating when she walked over. 

"Don't worry about her." Chris whispered in my ear as he pulled my chair closer to him. 

   "Oooh,  what are you having ? You're huge." She said, like she was disgusted.

How is being pregnant a thing to look down at ?