Chapter twenty one. (Courtney)

Wednesday didn't come fast enough.  It was my day off, and I planned on relaxing with my baby girl after this stressful week.   

       Between Martis's new girlfriend confronting me, and arguing with Chris about me working while pregnant, I needed this. 

  Of course Hope had other ideas though. "Mommy, can we make cupcakes ?" She asked at 8 in the morning. "We eat with daddy ? I make daddy cupcakes mommy."

  I don't understand how a child can have so much energy this early in the morning. I thought as I got up. 

"Let mommy take a shower first." I said as I put Team Omi Zoomie on for her.

"Mama, can we watch bubblebee ? I see it with daddy. Bubble bee and Optimus."

He watched transformers with her ? I thought as I switched it to the first transformers movie. "It's bumble bee honey." I mumbled.

  After a long shower, I was ready to start my day.

I got Hope dressed so we could go get supplies for the cupcakes. In the check out line, Hope decided it was okay to tell everyone I was pregnant, even though they probably already knew.  It seemed as if once the doctor said I was pregnant, my body started looking like it.  

   Finally returning home and getting started, time started to fly. I forgot how much fun it is to bake with Hope.   When the cupcakes were done, there was batter all over the counter, and frosting all over us, but some pretty delicious red velvet cupcakes came out of it.

      "Mommy this is daddy's ones." She said as she put two into a container.  It was  cute, Hope was concentrating hard, just so the cupcake wouldn't fall over. "Don't touch this ones mama." Hope commanded as I strapped her into her car seat. Her big hazel eyes looked determined. She was going to get those cupcakes to her daddy or it would not be happy camping for the rest of us.

     "Daddy!" Hope squealed as we walked in. Perfect timing. I guess the players were just getting their lunch.

"Hey Pretty Girl." He picked her up and twirled her around.

"Daddy, daddy, look what I made you."  Hope handed him the cupcakes. 

"You made them, or did mommy make them?"

"I did, all by myself." Hope gave him a look.

Chris laughed and stuffed the cupcakes  in his mouth.  

  "Hey baby girl, let's go wash our hands."   

As Hope and I washed our hands, I couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right.

        As soon as we got into the cafeteria, I saw why. Chris was on top of someone, pounding their face in. I didn't know who it was or what they did, but I've never seen Chris so full of rage and anger.

"Cover your ears, okay Hope ." I told her as I turned her away from the commotion. I didn't want her to see this, but she had a different idea.   She wiggled out of my grasp ,ran over to Christian and started crying.

      "You not proud of me no more daddy ?" She sobbed.

He immediately got up and picked Hope up. "I'm always proud of you Hope." He told her.

I looked down. Why was he fighting his friend ? I thought as I saw Brian's messed up face.

  By the time I looked up, a very pissed off Mike was headed our way.

    "Aderson,  Ms. Aderson, baby girl Aderson, Swan. My office now."

Hey, he called me Mrs. Aderson. I did a victory dance in my head. 

I was about to walk into Mike's office when Chris stopped me.

"Were you scared of me, Cara ?"

I shook my head yes.   I was afraid of him when he was angry. Even though he never physically hurt me, other than in Jamaica, I was still frightened. 

Chris looked devastated. "I'm sorry." He said as he walked through the door. 

   I sat in a plush chair, while Brian and Chris stood. Mike was disgusted with their actions, consequently suspending them for a week, and making them pay a $250,000 fine. I just kept trying to figure out what would make Chris go all Wolverine on his friend.

     After coach dismissed us , Chris tried to avoid me. He put Hope in her car seat and started walking to his car without saying anything to me.

"Chris what's wrong?" I asked before he could close his door.

"I just don't want to disappoint you more than I already have." He sighed. I could tell from the despair in his voice that I had hurt him when I said that.

"Chris." He looked at me and shook his head.

"Don't expect me home tonight, I wouldn't want you to be frightened." He uttered, then drove off.

When is this week going to get better?