Chapter thirty. (Chris)

It's been a whole month since Courtney told me that, and I was going crazy. Court kicked me out of our bedroom and into my mancave, and the only time we actually talked was when we had to, like "pass me the salt" or "I'm going to go watch the boys this time".  I really wanted to earn her back, but I didn't know how.

  I went to go talk to my dad, he always gave great advice, and my mom wasn't talking to me.  I tried to talk to her right after the whole incident happened, and she slapped me, while saying, ' Alzai meglio di quella (I raised you better than that.)' I knew I had disappointed my mother too, and I was ashamed.

    My dad told me to basically start dating Courtney again.  So I did. I dropped the kids off at my parents house Saturday evening,  picked up an outfit for Court, and wrote her a note.  

   Maybe two hours later, Courtney came downstairs. Wow, she looks amazing.

"Thanks for the outfit, Chris." 

"You look incredible, Cara.

Court giggled a little, before asking where we were going. 

"It's a surprise." I said before leading her to my car.  

   As soon as we pulled up, Courtney looked at me suspiciously. 

"Christian, why'd you bring me here?" She asked, looking at the  restaurant.

"Cause it's where we had our first date, and I want to."

  Court just rolled her eyes.

  Even though the Mediterranean restaurant was practically empty,  We still got a table in the back, me and Court needed to talk.

This dinner was looking like disaster. We went the whole time without talking to each other, just playing with our food. 

"Courtney, can you please tell me what's wrong, so I can try to fix it? What happened to us? We used to be best friends, now it's like, we don't even talk or when we do we're arguing, and I don't want to fight with you, Cara.

   Court looked like she was about to cry.  "Are you cheating on me ?" She whispered.

She isn't serious, is she?  

"Why would you ask that Court?"  

"You're never home, and when you do, you just play with the kids, you don't even talk to me anymore." 

I didn't even realize that. 

Courtney busted out crying.  

"And I'm fat, I gained 80 fucking pounds and I only lost 40.   Maybe if I could actually lose the rest of it, then you won't cheat on me, and you'd think I was beautiful again?  Am I that ugly that you won't even kiss me? What's wrong with me Chris? "

  I pulled her on my lap and let her cry on my shoulder. 

  I didn't realize she felt that insecure, and I had done nothing but make her fears worse.

"Sei bellisima, sei amato. (You are beautiful, you are loved.)" I cupped her face.

"Don't ever say you're ugly, because you're beautiful, Courtney Lynn. I'm sorry if I've made you feel less than that. I won't ever, and I have never cheated on you.   I love you, Cara."