Not So First Encounters [Niles x Reader]

Oh yes~ this will be fun~ Request by none other than NdragonEyes. Storytime~

You weren't exactly an idea, person for an army to recruit, much less the johrian army during their conquest. However you were here thanks to Corrin and there was nothing you could really do about it. Often you constantly think you aren't worthy of fighting for Nohr, you shouldn't be here, deters exetera exetera. Basically: you don't think you are worth the effort.

Someone in th army cares to disagree. If you read the title of the oneshot, you know full well who I am talking about. However, for the sake of an experience, I will describe in flowery Odin language. A white haired outlaw had his eye on you, and not in his normal perverted ways. He took care and caution to notice your small habits and your inner strength. Partially out of instinct, remembering his theivish ways of the past and figuring out who is the weakest link to target first, but also how you weren't that. You constantly proved his first instincts wrong with every task you do. Without him noticing, he became entirely invested in you without holding a single conversation to date. That was going to change today.

Niles decided to approach you, the item of his recent fascination. You were reorganizing the inventory. Times, to be precise. Different mages preferred different types of magic, so you were making piles of which tomes should be stored and which should be readily available for which mage in the army. That was something you were at least decent on.

While you were dead focused on work, you felt a cold touch on your Shoulder. You didn't do anything but flinch, turning around to meet the one eye of none other than Lord leo's More flirtatious retainer. Of course you knew of Niles. You watched first hand how he flirts with most women (and men). Very seductive, trying to make lewd jokes. You suspected you were his next victim. Instead of dreading it, you wondered why he'd choose someone as dull and worthless as you to be his next prey.

"Hey Doll, you seem to be a little bit busy. Would you mind if I join you?"

Niles tried keeping hi self from making every single dirty joke imaginable. He wanted his first introduction to be good, for once. For what's he knew, this was your first encounter with him.  He didn't want you to think, like everyone else, that he was nothing more than a crook or a man who simply wants to get in your pants. For once, he'd rather make himself appear like a normal person. Maybe if he could appear normal to someone, his loneliness will go away.

"Niles, right? How strange. I thought you'd choose a prettier, more busty woman to try and flirt with. I'm sorry for wasting your Time."

You turned back towards your task. Let's see... Fimbulvtr? That's an ice tome, yeah? That wouldn't be great for Dwyer: the son of Jakob and Flora. He is a skilled strategist. Yeah. You'll put that tome in his pile instead of Odin. He has plenty of Thunder magic anyways. Alright, what tome was next on the pile?

Niles blinked (or winked there's no way to tell). and hesitated. You already knew him? So this wasn't the first encounter. You suspected that you weren't gorgeous the way you were and him being here was a waste of his time. That much is obvious. Well then, he just has to show you that you are no way in any shape or form a waste of any of his time. He smirked. So he could flirt with you because you already knew. Perfect.

Niles grabbed your hand and spun you around to face him. You carried a tome close to your chest, very flustered by the action. His cold hand enacased your warm, delicate one. His eye looked back into yours once again, this time accompanied by a cheeky smile playing with his lips. He licked his lips over once before taking the magic book away from you and grabbing your other hand. He brought you close and whispered in your ear.

"You can never be a waste of my time. You have th e perfect curves to seduce a man. And this is clearly not our first encounter~"

You inhaled sharply, holding your breath as the heat rose to your cheeks and you were forced intoned a blushing state. Niles chuckled and crossed his arms, causing you to spin. You're back was on his chest and he encased you in a backwards hug, his arms releasing your hands and wraping around you our waist. His cold hands landed on the sides of your thighs. He hummed a little bit before speaking again.

"You know, this is nice. I could even make you my girlfriend on the spot like this."

Answer that only made you blush harder. So much for first encounters.

Wow this sucks, just like the rest of my work. Sorry y'all. This is, what? 806 Words? Yeah. Sorry.

~Eva