Will it Be Okay? [Tsubaki x Reader]

Today is my day to write what I want. All requests will be postponed to tomorrow. I'm sorry, I just need a day to write what I want to write stress free. Also writing Tsubaki's name without the T drives me insane so I'm adding the friggin T. That said, it's STORYTIME.

Tsubaki sighed, letting his long red hair out of the ponytail. He never experienced this before, it was odd on all accounts. His heart'a beating Faster when he's hanging around you. Why does his heart ache when he thinks this feeling can never be true? He acted imperfect when he's so focused on you. His face will grow red, making his hair feel jealous in comparison. Why did he feel like this?

On the flip side, his feeling was kind of like a sundae. Sweet and every time he's feeling something new. This feeling was also like bliss. It made Tsubaki happy feeling it. Like flying around with you behind him, arms wrapped around his torso. Thinking about you or thinking about doing sweet things with you made him so happy it was almost undiscribable. Is it by chance or fate that he feels this way about you?

Tsubaki smiles, thinking about holding you in his arms as he walked around. With hisnhair down, he decided to take a midnight stroll. He wasn't on guard dutem but he did carry a naginata with him just case. He let his Pegasus sleep. She deserved a good noght's rest tonight after yet another grande performance.

"Hey! Tsubaki!"

He heard the voice ring our through the night. Surprised, the Hoshidan retainer turned around and saw you running towards him with a wide smile on your face. He felt a pulse of heat cause a light blush on his cheeks. Tsubaki didn't expect you to run into him, almost tackling him down in a hug. That's when he realized you weren't smiling. You were crying.

"Thank god... thank the gods...."

Tsubaki was frozen for a second. You were hugging him like a wife when her husband returns from war. You were sobbing in his chest. Tsubaki frowned, he hates seeing you so sad. Yet at the same time he felt selfish for this. When you touch it'll never be enough. Tsubaki shook his head slightly to get these selfish thoughts out of his head. He needs to be there for you.

"(Your name)? What's wrong? Did you have a nightmare or something?"

You nodded, burrying your face in his chest. Tsubaki felt his shirt growing damp where your eyes are. You poor thing. You must have thought he died and had a heart attack. It was flattering that you thought of him so dearly you'd cry like this if you lost him, but seeing you like this made his heart ache in pain. Love: lots of conflicting emotions boarderlinging being selfish and selfless. Ooh, I like thst definition! Tsubaki started rubbing your back comfortingly.

"Well don't worry. I'll never die on you. I swear it."

You just nodded, trying to beleive him. Your dream? Well, nohrians and a faceless army teamed up and started attacking. For every soldier you had, there were five faceless and two nohrians. It was manageable until your allies began retreating without anyone getting word of what you needed to do. No orders, just wild retreating. Tsubaki was cornered with you by ten faceless and five norhians. They all went to attack you. He jumped in the Way. His last word was "RUN!!!" Before he died for you. It was absolutely horrible.

So you held Tsubaki tight, scared for him. He was here. He was alright. He was here. Red hair down and all. You hugged him so tight you felt he could snap. Well, that's an exaggeration but still. You really needed this. You needed comfort from the horrible place your imagination sent you to during your slumber.

"I'm here for you. I always will be."

Tsubaki closed his eyes, letting you use him as basically your teddy bear. He noticed your breathing start going easy. It made him smile. Good, you were feeling better. But he wouldn't want you having another one of those dreaded nightmares again now does he? Wheniur ehes Met his again, still hugging him tight, he smiled at you and made an offer you can't really refuse.

"Would you like me to spend the night with you? To make sure you don't have another one of those dreams! Yeah, of course...."

Tsubaki trailed off, stammering. Since when does he stammer?! He felt the hineyglownin his cheeks, his heart still beating fast. It was amazing how you didn't hear it being embraced against him for so long. But he then saw that beautiful smile of yours return to your face. You always looked precious when you smile. Hit it from the back and drive you wild.

"Yes please."

And that's how at one thirty in the morning Tsubaki carried you bridal style back to your private quarters and snuggled with you all night.

Yay.

822 Words. Ugh. Pathetic. I'm sorry.

~Eva