Not My Bride [Laslow x Reader]

I'm trying to get back on track with updates. Sorry I'm advance for the terrible story. STORYTIME.

Laslow was just resting by the front door of Castle Krakenburg, leaning back in a chair. That's when he heard the main gate of the castle open. Laslow sat up and the light filled the foyer. Laslow's eyes dilated and regulated to the new amount of light in the room. It's not much more, but after havin your eyes closed for an hour it did a major difference.

Laslow's eyes settled on a singular feminine figure standing in the doorway. You. You wore your hair up and wore a nice, elegant dress. Based on appearances alone you were some sort of performer, most likely Nestrian. Laslow smiled as you walked in, the gate slamming shut behind you. The way you jumped up, startled at the loud noise, was adorable. Whelp. It looks like he found his next target.

"Excuse me Miss, but I just have to say you look stunning."

You whipped around and saw a man with gray hair and the smoothest,  ost char in smile you've ever damn seen in your life standing behind you woth his hand extended. Was he Prince Xander? Well, you sure hoped he was. He seemed kind and three seconds into this kingdom you already have a compliment headed your way.

"Oh, uh, thank you sir."

You put your hand in his, shaking it gently. You weren't exactly the bravest soul out there, being timid as you could be. But when on a stage you could shine. Too bad you were a princess, being forced to marry someone you've never met before on your birthday, legal marriage age. Some way to celebrate.

"Now, What's a fetching young thing like you doing in this gloomy place?"

Laslow flashed a wide smile at you. He watched as your smile fell and you drag your hand out of his. Oh dear. It must be something serious to bring such an ugly frown on that pretty face of yours. It broke his heart to see your joy of seeing him go to something so melancholy in a matter of a dozen words.

"Well, I... just... are you prince Xander? I need to speak with him."

Laslow's smile fell as the realization hit him. No wonder you grew so sad. You were going to be forcefully married to someone you didn't know. That has to be the worst fate, being trapped in a loveless marriages until death do you part. Laslow let out a sigh and reached our for your hand. To his surprise, you met his half way and let him entwine his fingers with yours. You know, for comfort.

"Don't worry, Princess. Xander isn't a bad man. He's just... intimidating at first. You'll be fine."

You blinked, tears welding in your eyes. Oh. He must know of your predetermined engagement to Prince Xander. You just saw squeezed is hand like it was your older brother's, needing some emotional support right now. Then you began to follow him down the halls. Down the halls towards your future.

A future you can't run from.

Short. Yep. Bad. Yep. Rating: -1000

~Eva