Priorities [Saizo x Reader]

Whelp. It looks like you're my most frequent requestor KiranVang66. STORYTIME.

You stormed away, not wanting to take this bullshit any longer. You slipped the wedding ring off your finger and slammed it on the dresser of your bedroom. Too bad you forgot to slam and lock the door, because the very person you were mad at came in hurriedly right behind you. With your back to your husband, you walked to the wall and banged your forehead against it, hoping the pain will prevent tears from falling.

"Babe, please understand-"

The redheaded chili pepper of a ninja reached out towards you. Without skipping a beat, you turn around and struck his hand away, almost forcing his own hand to slap him in the face. He wasn't wearing his mask, so he would have hurt himself kinda good. You stared in his eyes, tears welling and face red hot. You were biting back all the screaming, all the yelling, and all the pain.

"No, you understand! When you married me you said you would but me first! You would put the kids first! I gave up everything for you! My nobility, my time, my energy, my virginity. Hell, I came to Hoshido because I was captivated by who you were when you tried to attack me at the bottomless canyon! And now you say I don't even matter and I am your third priority!? I would understand second because of your status as a retainer to Ryoma but third priority!? Ha! We might as well be just friends because you clearly don't care about this family!"

You crossed your arms and turned around again. You didn't want to see him. You wanted to be left alone. Or better, be with your two son so just eating sweets late at night and reading sweet bedtime stories like Robin Hood, sleeping beauty, and Alice in wonderland. But nooooo Saizo just had to be a stubborn ninja man who would put others before his family. His fucking family! Family means everything to you! It's nice to know your husband doesn't give two shits!

"You aren't listening to me."

Saizo states bluntly. You inhaled sharply, sniffing in the process. Meanwhile Kana was standings outside the doorway, sobving like the little boy he is. Asugi walked up to Kana and picked him up, carrying him off to go hang out with their cousins and friends. After all, he doesn't want innocent little Kana to experience more fighting than he has to. Especially between his own two parents.

"I've heard enough, Saizo! You obviously care about others more than us! You obviously don't want me as a wife if you would put Kagero before us! Go ahead! She's single! You can leave this family whenever you fucking want! Sure, lay waste to us like we never fucking happened! See if I care! you can keel the ring!"

You pushed yourself past the ninja and statched the ring off of the cabinet. You took his hand and forced the golden band inside his palm. Saizo had no words. He just watched you force his fingers closed around the ring. He then met your eyes. Your angry, tear filled eyes. He never should have said that. He never should have led her on. He just wanted to rebuild their friendship, nothin more than a platonic relationship after their breakup. It was overdue. But he stepped too far. And this was the price.

"Get your priorities straight, bastard."

You stuck him across the face before leaving the room to find your two sons, for they are the only comfort you can receive right now.

594 Words. OOf. This was bad,

~Eva