CHAPTER 28

Don't forget to VOTE VOTE VOTE. LOVE YOU ALL.

NIALL’S POV

            It’s been forty long minutes after she left when her buddy came in to check on her. At first he was suspicious but I guess he recognized me after staring at me for good five minutes. I decided to call Charis; where could she be? What’s that she has to check before leaving that would take this long?

            Her buddy took her things with him and started looking for her; his face worried and more serious than how I see our buddies when one of us had gone missing. Well, I can’t blame him; Charis is a girl and unpredictable at the same time.

I don’t know where but I should go after her too; well, I can’t just stand here and wait for her to come back.

I have a bad feeling that something’s wrong with my best friend. She looked so pale and surprised, like she had seen a ghost. Of course, she’ll be surprised; but isn’t she happy, excited or thrilled that we finally saw each other? I mean, she made it clear that she has to prepare herself in seeing me again because she knew me too well that I have a lot of questions that a phone call wouldn’t suffice. But, I was expecting her to like, hug me back tight like how I did; but I guess we caught her off guard.

            On the other hand, I can’t explain what I felt when Harry told me that he had met Charis at this studio. I can’t believe that he could actually set us up like that. He’s really an incredible friend. He knows how much Charis means to me. I really do hope that our friendship could go to the next level. Yes, I won’t rush things, but I really can’t wait. I know she’s the one for me and I hope I am too, for her.

            I scrolled for her number and called. She picked up on the third ring. “Hey.”

            She did not respond, though I can hear her breathing.. hold on, is she sobbing?

            “Hey, Charis!” I may sound frantic and overreacting but, there is really something wrong. “Are you okay? Where have you been?”

            “Ni,” She hiccupped. “I.. I’m fine.. I’m just..”

            “Where are you? I’ll come to you..”

            “St-stairs..” And she began to cry. Why? What happened? Did someone hurt her? I swear to God, if I..

            “Charis, did someone hurt you?” I asked as I rush my steps out of the hall to the stairs and there I heard her voice. I skipped a lot of steps, ignoring the slight sting in my knee. It’s gonna be okay. Charis is my priority now, she might be hurt physically, emotionally or whatever.

            As soon as I saw her slumped at the floor, hugging her knees and her face buried to her arms, my heart sank. It’s worst than saying good bye to her few years back. It’s worst than I got rejected from the XFactor. It’s worst than hearing that my parents will get divorced. It’s worst than everything bad that I had felt before.

            I immediately ran beside her and pulled her to me and she hugged me in return, the hug that I was expecting when she first saw me.

Her warmth, her sobs and cries, her tears, her murmurs that is unbearable to hear, her warm breath against my neck, what are these? Why are all of these on her? Did somebody hurt her? Hate on her? Bashed her? But her cry sounds more than that. She sounds so hurt, too much pain as she buries her face to the crook of my neck.

            “Shhhh.. what happened?” I asked as I put my hand at the back of her neck, tapping gently.

            She pulled away and her face looked so red and wet of her tears. I figured she’s been apologizing.. apologizing for what? To me? To who? Why is she even here at the stairs? I wiped it off with my bare hands and cupped her both cheeks. “Charis.. Charis..” I called her attention and stare down her green eyes. Wait, green eyes? Didn’t she have blue eyes like mine? “Charis?”