CHAPTER 37

CHARIS’ POV

            It’s been three days since they made me stay in this freaking hospital bed.

            I’m totally fine and good to go, Dr. Benjamin said it himself. But Gran took her jet to fly here in London to keep an eye on me. She even made Dylan to be my personal nurse, where in fact he is a doctor. Gran is really out of her limits.

            “I’m really sorry, Dylan..” I whispered as he took my blood pressure and pulse for the nth time today.

            “You’ve said that like a million times,” he smiled and whispered back. “It’s easier to take your blood pressure and pulse rate when you were asleep.”

            I turned to Gran after giving Dylan an apologetic smile for the both of us. “Can we go home now?”

            “No,” said the old woman who seemed to get younger – which I know is highly impossible, but she does really looked 5 years younger than the last time I saw her.

            After a good minute, I asked the same question and she answered on the same tone without looking up from her tab as she sots her back on an old-people-like chair. We went like that for about 10 minutes or so before Oli threw the door open, Gran’s big guy trying to stop her and I literally jumped off my bed laughing at her outburst in my hospital room.

            “You’re a fucking..” She immediately covered her mouth as soon as she heard Gran cleared her throat. “Oops.”

            I tried to pull her towards the boring hospital bed that I realized staying in here for 70 hours makes me weaker and so unhealthy.

            I need to see people and other humans, inhale the populated air of London far from this isolated asylum as I call it, just now.

            She greeted Gran who’s obviously not pleased to just barge in like the way she did. But Gran is Gran and Oli is Oli.

            “Are your bones good?” She asked shaking me off and turning me around like I’m some mannequin. “How bout your eyes? God, Charis, you don’t know how Niall kept on asking me to see you…”

            “Well, he calls everyday.. so… he’s just over reacting.” I said. Not wanting to face all the bullshit I have to face outside these four walls.

            Oli spent the last few hours of the day with me, although all we do is to talk. I wasn’t allowed to use my phone as it was confiscated from me. The flat screen television in this hotel-like hospital room wasn’t allowed to be used too which made Oli furious. One more thing is, as far as I know, Gran doesn’t let anybody in or anything in. I wonder if either my biological parents bothered to give a call.

            Another thing is, I wonder why Gran allows me to talk to Niall and only him. Is it because they’re Irish?

            “Seriously, Charis?” She whispered and we both saw Gran eyeing the both of us as she cocks her tattooed brow. That’s why she looked younger, her brows are now drawn for visibility.

            “I know right.” I huffed rolling my eyes from my overprotective grandmother.

            It was past 9 in the evening and I have refused the healthy dinner served to me for like 4 times since it was offered two hours ago. I don’t want to eat because all I want to do is to go home. Besides, who gives sandwiches for dinner?