CHAPTER 44

HARRY’S POV

          I breathed deeply. Decided against opening my both eyes and exhaled again.

          I took the chance to inhale and exhale repeatedly, as I smell the familiar scent.

          I opened my right eye to the blinds covering the sneaking sunlight from the outside. It then occurred to me that an angel was sleeping right next to me, her head and ruffled chocolate brown hair resting on my arm.

          I blinked my eyes few more times and can’t believe what I am seeing. I know for a fact that I’m smiling because everything went well last night. Thank heavens!

          [Last night:] I untied the loosened laces of her trainers to give her foot a soft massage so the blood will circulate better, exposing her pink and blue stripped ankle-height socks. Such a chic, isn’t she?

          She was still silent. And fuck, her silence makes me feel insecure, exposed, unhidden, uncovered, unguarded and hell all the synonymous words you can think.

          I know she can feel my cold fingers which continue their job against the skin and stiffened muscles of her leg.

          I feel the time’s so slow, but I now it’s just few minutes that I have carried her here. I suddenly felt cold fingers yet warm palms cupping my right cheek, making me look at the staring green wet eyes in front of me. Did I mention that her eyes are the most beautiful and the most meaningful thing I’ve ever seen in my entire 23 years of living?

          “I’m sorry, Harry.” She sniffed and frowned at once. Then, she was blabbering, “I should have just told you… I… the dinner… I was about to…”

          “Shhhh..” I lifted her again by her waist and bring her onto my lap as she wraps her both arms around my neck, burying her face to my shoulder. “Shhh, I’m sorry too. Please don’t cry. Please.” I have to tell her to stop, or else we’ll both leave this studio with puffy bloodshot eyes.

          She’s one of the most stubborn people I knew so, yeah, she didn’t stop crying. Instead, she keeps on blabbering against my chest.

          “It’s okay now.” I told her, bringing her face closer to mine. “Please don’t cry.”

          She calmed herself as we both wipe off the tears on her face then she chuckled. “I ruined your shirt again, I’m sorry.”

          I chuckled too of her simple but cute thought and wiped my whole hand to her entire face. She tried to stop me but I was holding her face so she keeps on laughing. Not really laughing but more likely, chuckling.

          I cupped her cheeks so we could meet our gazes, “I want to kiss you.”

          Her both eyes lit up, yet so shy. But her tightened arms around my neck gave me the green light to once again, close the gap between us.

          I wrapped my arms around her body, letting my hands roam around her back. Control Styles, control. Be a gentleman, though you kissed her back at the roof deck.

          Our lips were in sync as soon as I feel her hands running through my curls and my stupid bandana fell between our faces that earned a smile from the both of us in between my dream-come-true-moment.

          “I’m sorry bout that, babe.” I told her as she pulled away.

          “Seriously? Babe?” She smiled with flushed cheeks. “Baby, then now, babe?”

          “So what do you want me to call you then?” I asked her smiling as I pressed my forehead against hers.

          “Well, I have a name, Styles.” She grinned teasingly.

          “Okay, Milton. I’ll stick with your name then.” I bite my lower lip to stop myself from kissing her once again. That I realized, her legs were wrapped around my torso too.

          “The wrong Milton might turn their heads, you know.”

          Then I became silent. Fuck. Why does it always have to be just there, resting at the back of my head, waiting for the right perfect time to ruin everything.

          “Why?” She asked as her thumb draw circles to my sideburns.

          “Nothing.” I lied.

          “Your nose blares when you lie.” She pouted that makes it even harder to not to tell. But it would break her, not only her, but all of this. Everything between us will be broken, and yes I am that selfish and asshole for not telling her the truth. The truth that her sister and her Gran just made me realize. I can’t. I won’t. She’s happy with me and I know I can cover things up by making her happy. I can make her happy and I’ll make it sure to make them watch her shed tears of joy, all because of me and all because of what we have and will have.

          The past shall remain in the past.

        I was heating up some bread for the breakfast I am preparing when her phone rings from the night stand. She's awake and I need to brush of all the worries I have, the harsh words her sister and grandmother had said, the shitty coincidental past and focus on making her happy and content staying with me.

______________________________________

Whats up guys? Did this chapter sucks up the interest neurons in your brains? Lol. I think, well at least for me, tho this chapter is short and seemed like a filler, this opens the door for a SECOND BOOK. HOORAAAY!! Because I love you guys. 

MAKE THE STAR TURN TO ORANGE PRETTY PLEASE. XX