CHAPTER 31

CHARIS’ POV

            “Niall, I really don’t understand. Where are you goi..”

            “I’ll figure it out..”

            “No. Tell me.”

            “No. Not now.” He said, his eyes blazingly darting me through.

            I decided to let it go and sighed. So I put all the utensils in the sink and washed it. “Wanna sleep over?” I offered, recovering from his sudden change in the mood. “This may sound odd after talking about how fucked up I am, but I really do missed you, you know.” I chuckled.

            “Well,” the normal Niall Horan is back and I’m so happy to hear his normal happy and excited voice. “I have a lot of stories to tell, little buddy!” He nudged me and helped me to rinse the glasses. “I’m not letting you sleep. Ha-ha.” He shook his head backwards to make his fake laugh even louder.

            Though we’re kinda back to normal, I can’t just simply brush off what he’s talking about Harry. But I know I need a break from all of this, so I pushed all of it aside and enjoy the moment, being with one of the bestest people in my life.

            He started talking about different things. Seriously, like he just remembered something from this place, then to this place, then to another, then back to that place. He’s naturally funny and hilarious that I find myself letting out a tear of happiness, which I missed a lot.

            How I wish I never left Ireland so that I had spent more time with him. I mean, he brings so much joy and life. But nonetheless, I’m happy we’re catching up, even if it’s already 10 minutes past three.

            We ended up sitting on the couch, watching Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon, our legs cradled on top of the center table. He said, he would enjoy the movie better if Megan Fox remained in the movie.

NIALL’S POV

            I was talking about how we should set a day to watch the upcoming Transformers 4 Age of Extinction, but when I turn to her, she’s peacefully sleeping as her head leans down my shoulder.

            I took the chance to stare at my dream. I would admit that she’s one of my dreams who inspired and encouraged me to achieve one of them, which is where I am now. Unfortunately, you can’t have it all. That’s just how life is.

            I’m not really surprised, I am definitely taken aback when she said, it is Harry who makes her feel better and even more alive. But now, it is him who made her cry and mourn again. Maybe not really, but he just left her there. That douche. He should at least try to hear her out. But I guess, he’s hurt. Of course he is, well, I am too. But he should have listened to Charis and hear her out and where she’s coming from. As if she did everything on purpose.

Everybody has their reasons. He’s unreasonable and fucking twat for not letting her explain herself. How could I entrust my best friend, my dream and inspiration to an asshole?

But I know for a fact, clear as a crystal that I can’t get between them now.

            This maybe a mistake, after waiting for several years and just to let her go to someone who doesn’t really understands her, or who didn’t even try.

But I know, this may work out somehow, I just need to do something. Not for Harry, not for me, but for Charis. This is my way to make up all the time that I wasn’t there for her when she needed me the most. I’m the worst best friend ever that I don’t deserve to be her boyfriend either. Harry may not deserve her too, because she definitely deserves way better that a douche but he makes her happy. I can see it in her eyes when she talked about him. I’ll just let my heart numb for my best friend’s happiness and peace at heart and mind. That’s the least I can do, really.