CHAPTER 29

Huge revelation for Nialler!!! I think everyone's broken. I'm really sorry. Don't hate me bec I love you. :)) VOTE VOTE VOTE

NIALL’S POV

            “I’ll start from the start.” She broke the silence as she finished her half slice and poured herself a drink. “It’s really confusing so I think that’s the best way to tell.

            “I’m telling you, Ni, this will take so much of your time.. so, just tell me if you have somewhere else to go..”

            “We have all the time, Charis. I’m not going anywhere till you’re done. I mean, till we’re done talking.” I cut her off.

            She took a deep breath, “So, the things that I can say I really still remember are those that had happened back in Ireland. I can even remember our goodbye date” and I smiled at the memory.

We spent whole day together even if I have to skip class that day. We don’t go to school together, well, she’s originally home schooled but when she reached 12, she insisted to go to a normal school because she knows she’s been missing a lot. But she never really enjoyed it at all.

I was her only friend from outside her house. She only played with her cousins, Melissa and Matthew who are both quite older than her. She had another cousin, Katherine almost same age as she, but I know they don’t get along together. That kid is obviously jealous of whatever Charis has, well who girl wouldn’t be? “and the day I and Mel stepped on in the airplane with the attendant. We took the flight and there was Gran and Grandpop at the airport, picking us up with two unknown men by their sides. I can still remember how happy and excited they were.”

She smiled as she remembers her grandparents. I haven’t met them really, but I know how they’re so close to Charis though they live miles away. In fact, I thought they lived in California. Maybe, Charis was just confused when she told me about her grandparents when we were young.

            “After all of that, I don’t really know anymore.” She exhaled deeply; her disappointment to herself is evident as her lips turned the other way and she scrunched up her nose. “Basically, Gran and Mel helped me in my all-over recovery. So, their stories that I imagined and what was written in my journals aided me to regain some memories that I can’t still remember, till now.” She sighed again.

I cannot form any decent sentence or reaction to this. I just knew about all of this now. But I can’t blame her, she had been a lot.

            “When di.. when did it happen?” I asked.

            “I’m going there..” She immediately responded. I think, even her, she’s still processing everything.

            “Wait,” I stopped her as soon as she opened her mouth to continue. “Uhm, have you told this to anyone already? You know..”

            “No. I haven’t.” She answered. “Well, some of my friends at the Uni knows, but like they care.. I mean, they have nothing to do with it anyway..”

            “Right.” I said, realizing that she has a point. Then, I motioned her to continue. I need to block other interruptions my mind is giving to fully understand her. I want to help in anyway I can, even if it was years or even centuries ago. We’re best friends, always and forever.

            “It was a year since I and Mel left Dublin when I knew about my parents, about my family.” This made me listen to her intently. “This specific night, I remembered, I opened my email and someone just sent me evidences, documents, papers even pictures stating and showing that mum and dad are having separation. I know they aren’t married, but I was really hoping that they’d get married soon, you know that right?” She said.