CHAPTER 23

Hope you guys will love this!! The story slowly being intense nowwww.. OH MY GOD. I'm sorry I quite freaked out. VOTE VOTE VOTE

CHARIS’ POV

            I asked the driver, whom I just knew to be Sam and the other guy who escorted me and Mel earlier was Dex, to turn around so I can walk in from the kitchen. I used to go in there several times when I just got here from NYC.

            I asked Dex if he could not come with me, which I know in the first place is impossible.

            I walked into a familiar short hall, brightly lit with white fluorescent lamps. I greeted the crew who gave me a nod, a salute, a cheery smile and I felt being like whom I was a year ago. Way back, all I wanted is to forget or get numbed of the empty feeling from losing my boyfriend.

            I used to be a bartender for three straight months here just to get the feel of London atmosphere. I missed that. I sat on the nearest counter from the door that separates the dark room and the lit room. You can hear loud sound from out there as the door opens and closes.

            “Hey!” A familiar voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked up and saw Jason, the head chef and a long friend of mine and Mel’s.

            “Hey!” I faked a smile.

            “I know that face.” He smiled, then shouted at the other chefs for the other orders. I winced out of his loud deep voice. “Sorry bout that.” He snapped his fingers and motions his assistant chef to take charge for a while. He’s kind isn’t he?

            I remained silent but frowned.

            “Hey kid, if you want, you can bartend tonight.” He winked.

            “Nah.” I rejected. “I can’t be seen out there, you know? But thanks, maybe next time. Besides, I’m rusty.” I managed a joke.

            “Don’t let it get to you, remember?” He told me as he eyes Dex who’s awkwardly standing in one of the unoccupied corner.

            “Oh, should we like wear some hairnet or something? He’s..”

            “I get it, okay?” He sympathetically stated as he places his hand on my knee.

“Well, if you don’t want to bartend, why not party? Have some fun, youngster!”

            “Is that even a word?” I joked as we both hopped down from the steel counter. Then he let out a loud laugh.

            “Are the news that bad?” I asked him out of a sudden looking down.

            “Well, I know it’s not true.” He said.

            “Well, they don’t know that it’s not true.” I rolled my eyes.

            “That’s why you should show them who you are. You’ve been gone, out of the limelight for years.” He said slightly shaking me by my both shoulders. “I may not know how’s it to be in your shoes, but, for me, you should be out there, taking advantage of the name you have, instead of crying over it. No matter what happens, it’s in your blood, it’s your being, no matter how you hated it.”

            I sighed. “Taking advantage?”

            “Yeah, like, flaunt it. Don’t mind the haters, mind the lovers.” He said wiggling his both brows that made me chuckle. “You’ll figure it out, youngster!”