Another Nightmare - Chapter 2

Another sleepless night was coming for me, I could tell. I rolled over onto my side and faced Harry who was sharing the bed with me tonight while Louis and Niall were on the floor and Liam and Zayn were in the guest room. We decided that they would all take turns in different rooms just so no one had to be on the floor for too long. 

I smiled to myself as I looked at Harry's perfect features. The way his curls draped over his face and his mouth hung slightly open as he snored quietly. NO, I told myself, you're meant to be distancing yourself from him, not thinking about how perfect he is. I sighed and turned onto my other side. The time on the alarm clock said 2.27am. This was going to be a long night. I started humming a song to myself and slowly drifted off to sleep. 

3.01am the clock said. I only slept for half an hour and already I was waking up, screaming at the top of my lungs. This time I remembered the faces of the boys in the dream. Just like I thought, Harry, Liam, Niall, Zayn and Louis. Tears began trickling down my cheeks as the three boys who were in my room surrounded me. Soon Liam and Zayn joined them too.

"Katie what happened!?" shouted someone who I soon realised was Louis.

"It's... just... a dream..." I said between each deep breath. I hesitated whether or not to tell them what happened in it but considering I was going to be living with them for the next two years I gave in. The expressions on their faces changed quickly from concern to horror. 

"So... you've had this dream all your life?" Harry whispered.

"Well ever since I could remember so I guess so, yeah." I shrugged.

"And I'M the one that basically dies in the end?" he said, trying to hide the fear in his voice but I knew better than anyone what this felt like.

"Well no you don't. I don't actually know what happens to you in the end. I always wake up just as I open the door to the hospital room but I never remember what I see that makes me scream."

"Maybe it's a scream of joy and happiness?" Zayn suggested, earning a glare or two of the other boys.

"Does that sound anything like joy or happiness?" Louis rolled his eyes. The look of seriousness on his face didn't suit him.

"Well it could be, it might sound different outside of the dream." he shrugged. I knew he was trying his best to think of some way out of Harry being dead by the end of the dream but it just wasn't working.

"Guys don't worry, it's just a dream." I tried to assure them. They nodded unconvinced. I looked over a the alarm clock which now said 3.46am. 

"Crap." I muttered. "It's the first day of school tomorrow and we're all gonna be seriously tired." 

They groaned at the thought of school but obediently went back to bed. I could still see the pure fear on Harry's face and being me I tried to comfort him, even though I knew I shouldn't.

"Harry, it's gonna be alright, it's just a dream silly." I stuck my tongue out trying to ease the tension but nothing seemed to work. I groaned and did something I didn't think I should have done. I shuffled over to him on the bed and put my arms around him. At first he didn't seem to register the fact that I was hugging him but soon enough he came back to life and returned the embracing hug. 

We must have stayed like that for hours because the next thing I knew I had gone off to sleep, surprisingly without any dreams for the first time ever, and was already being woken up by the rest of the boys for school.