Unexpected - Chapter 6

The next few days went on surprisingly normally. I got closer to Eleanor and Danielle as they began hanging out with me, Niall, Louis and Liam while Zayn stuck with Harry and his new slutty girlfriend. Yes Mia asked Harry out after only a day of knowing him and I don't know why but he accepted the offer. Gross right?

Everyday after school was the same, we walked home in silence apart from an occasional joke from Louis which brightened the mood only for a minute or so. I still hadn't spoken to Harry since Monday but I didn't care, I was meant to distance myself from him anyway. But Eleanor thought differently.

"You need to at least tell him how you feel." She urged but I just shook my head every time.

Truth was that I missed Harry, heck I missed him a lot! But my dream was holding me back, along with Mia who wouldn't even let me go anywhere within a 10 metre radius near him. I also didn't think that'd even want to speak to me now, he probably lost any kind of interest he ever held and decided to move on with his life. That's what annoyed me. He's only been here for less than a week and he was already getting himself a new life, forgetting his friends. I was okay with him being a dick to me but his own friends who he'd known for years? That was just horrible. It seemed to affect Louis the most who I found out was like a brother to Harry. WAS.

On Friday everything was still going along as normal until after school when Harry didn't accompany us on our walk home. I presumed he was getting it off somewhere with Mia and I guess I presumed right when he came home at about 8pm, drunk, with her clinging to his neck.

The moment he stepped through the door I stood up and darted towards him, pushing him against the wall but keeping my distance.

"What the fuck?" He growled.

"Harry Edward Styles, what do you think you're doing bringing her here!?" I shrieked, pointing at Mia. When he shrugged I just got even more annoyed. Mia could see this wasn't going to end well so she silently made her way out of the house. Good riddance too.

"You're an asshole Harry." I said.

"Don't talk to me like that." He growled again. I rolled my eyes and got ready to have a full on argument with him. Great, the first time I speak to him since Monday and we decide to have an argument. Lovely.

"Why the hell did you bring her here, to my house!? I don't care if you're living here Harry, it gives you no right! You might as well not live here anyway, you've been ignoring me and more importantly your so called FRIENDS." I said, emphasising the word friends.

"I haven't been ignoring anyone,,," he said lowering his voice, guilt flooding across his face.

"Don't you dare lie to me Harry. I can see right through you even if you're drunk. You don't even realise how much you've hurt your mates, especially Lou, by hanging out with that slut. You've ever hurt me, although I doubt you'd ever care about that." I shouted at him.

"How the fuck would you know whether I'm lying or not. I'm quite sure that Louis will live if he doesn't talk to me for a few days, I need some distance from him anyway! DON'T call my girlfriend a slut and as for you? Why would I care if you're hurt? It wouldn't be the first time would it? Yeah Mia told me about how you have no actual friends and you're always alone. Oh boohoo. Why would anyone care about someone as worthless as you? Apart from maybe my 'friends'." He slurred.

Those words hit me like a brick wall. I looked over at the other boys who were engaged in the argument and looked like they could easily punch Harry right now. The hurt on Louis' face was unbearable. As for me? I should have seen it coming, but somehow it still felt as if someone stabbed a knife into my heart. Suddenly a bunch of emotions filled my body, anger, pain, hurt, jealousy and pity. Why pity? Because I knew Harry could do so much better than this and being drunk he probably didn't mean half the stuff he said but what's done is done and it would take a while for his friends to forgive him.

"Harry do you realise what you just said?" I asked, whispering all of a sudden.

"What?"

"Look at your friends' faces and tell me you didn't do anything wrong." I said. He turned to look at them and gasped as he saw their hurt expressions.

"Guys I'm so-" he was cut off by Louis.

"Sorry, we get it. Heard it a hundred times before." He rolled his eyes before running off to his, well my, room. As soon as Harry turned back to face me I lifted my hand and slapped him right across the face.

"That's for Lou."

I slapped him again. "That's for the others."

Then I kicked him in the worst place. "And that's for what you said about me, cunt."

I ran into my room where I saw Louis sitting on my bed, sobbing. I sat beside him and we shared a moment. We hugged and tried soothing each other, which worked so badly that we both ended up laughing. Later on the boys came in telling us that Harry would be sleeping in the guest room by himself while we somehow cramped up in here. Serves him right, being by himself.

When everyone fell asleep I was still wide awake. I couldn't sleep again but this time not because of the fear of having my dream/nightmare again but because of what Harry had said about me. I knew he was drunk and half the stuff was pointless to get worried over yet I couldn't help but think that everything was true. Up till now I hadn't really had any friends apart from Jade. I was worthless, that was true. I was usually alone, that was true too, but I preferred it that way, it was more peaceful.

Half way through the night, still not having had any sleep, I went into the kitchen to get a drink. I almost screamed when I saw a shadow by the fridge but it turned out to be only Harry. I rolled my eyes at the sight of him and shoved him so I could get a drink.

"Katie I'm so-" he began.

"Sorry. Yep heard it a hundred times before." I said, repeating Louis' words. "Doesn't mean anything, ever." I added.

"No I genuinely am sorry. I didn't mean half the stuff I said. You probably had every right to kick and slap me. To be honest I can't really remember much of it all." He sighed.

I could tell that he was only looking for pity from me so I shrugged and went back into my cramped bedroom. Looking around and seeing all the boys on the bed and floor I decided to go occupy the sofa which would be much more comfortable.

5am and I still wasn't able to sleep. This time I kept thinking about what the dream could possibly mean. I planned to go to a dream specialist again tomorrow and say about how I've now met these boys. The more I thought about it, the more I didn't care what would actually happen to Harry. Bitchy I know but he deserved it.