eighteen

JIHOON'S POV

JIHOON'S POV

"Ugh! I don't know if he'll like this! Help me!"

"I'm sure he'll like that. He's your boyfriend anyway."

"But it's his birthday, his expectations will be higher!"

"He's not like that. You know him."

"Really?"

"Well, we've been friends with him for years so of course we'd know him well."

"Yeah. Maybe he'll like it," I said as I put my gift up to take a closer look at it.

"He sure will. He loves you so much, you know?"

"I'm sure he does."

"Man up, dude! Let's go party!"

It was his birthday that day. Him. The love of my life. My soulmate since birth. My best friend. My partner for the rest of my life. Him, who would make me blush at the pure sight of him. Him, who would make my day a lot brighter when it looked so dull. Him, who made me feel worthy and loved. Him, who gave me a purpose.

I just thought it was right to give back at him by this gift. This gift which took me months to save for. Which made me skip lunch just to save money. Which made me stay up late at night preparing for.

It's a scrapbook. A scrapbook which contains all of the pictures I was able to compile of us and Seob at some parts ever since we were babies. I'm not the most artistic person but love can take you out of your comfort zone at times, really.

I also wrote him a letter. A letter which contained all of the things I couldn't say before. A letter which expressed my love for him that seemed to be undying at that time.

I was ecstatic. To see his eyes shimmering as he looked at me like I was the only person in the world. To see his smile as we lay down in his bed and reminisce all of the memories we have had before. To laugh with him with that attractive laugh of his. To hug him tightly as if we weren't gonna see each other the next day. To greet him on his very special day.

I felt like I was living on rainbows. I thought I was gonna live a colorful life with him until we cherish with happiness.

But this kind of happiness isn't permanent, is it?

"HAPPY BIR-"

"Jihoon?!"

"What the fuck?" Seob muttered, as he stepped forward.

He was there, kissing a guy. Right in front of his front door. Where he always used to kiss me goodbye whenever I go over to his house.

"Who are they?" The guy with my supposedly boyfriend, asked.

"Uhm... they're..."

"We're his best friends," Seob answered. "But Jihoon here is also his boyfriend."

"What?!"

"I can explain."

"Explain to Jihoon first, you asshole!" Seob shouted at him as he crossed his arms together.

I didn't know what to do or say. I thought we were gonna be together forever. I thought he cared for me. I thought he loved me. But maybe it was my mistake for trusting him.

I couldn't take it anymore. My tears started falling down as I continued thinking about what happened, what could've happened, and what may happen.

"Hyeongseob, I can't take this anymore," I whispered under my breath.

I ran away from his house to the park we always used to hang out at. I didn't even notice that Seob was following and shouting my name from behind.

I sat down immediately at one of the park's benches and just stared at the ground.

"Jihoon."

He turned me around and hugged me when he realized I wasn't gonna reply anytime sooner.

"Just let it all out," he comforted me as he rubbed my back.

Later at home, I took out my gift for him from the paper bag and looked for the letter I wrote for him during the morning.

Hello!! It's your birthday today! I hope you will only be happy from now on and I promise to give you everything in the world... starting from this gift. You better appreciate this though I worked hard just to satisfy you on your birthday. But anyway, I just wanna take this opportunity to thank you for everything you've done for me. I honestly don't know how I'm this lucky to have met someone like you. I sometimes even think that I don't deserve your love, but you always seem to give me a reason to believe that I am important to you and to the world. That I have a purpose. You were there during my ups and downs. You always stuck with me no matter how hard my problems were to deal with. You were like the light of my world. You always managed to make me happy even when I've been feeling down the entire day. I love you. I could say those three words at you for the rest of my life and never get tired. That's how much I love you, really. But now, I really hope you can start to depend on me more, like how I would depend on you. You know sometimes I even have a hard time believing that you're younger than me lol. I wanna help you, with anything at all. Just tell me. And I'll be there. I promise you.

Lots of love,
Hoonie <3

[End of flashback]

I fucking hate you, Kim Samuel.

kwmskwkskwkskkwkskwks imso sorry samuel hes my child sO LIKE WHYDID I MAKE HIM THE BAD GUY??i also dont know lmao

so sorry samuel hes my child
sO LIKE WHYDID I MAKE
HIM THE BAD GUY??
i also dont know lmao.
dont fight me pls