t h i r t y s e v e n

hwang minhyun^^

"Oh, uh... They were just asking who was performing before us," Sungwoon explained, gulping afterwards.

The others simply just stared at Minhyun, intimidated by his presence.

"Oh, okay. I apologize for the disturbance."

"No, it's okay!" Sungwoon assured him, trying to lighten up the mood. "What are you performing, by the way?"

"I'm performing Beautiful from Goblin."

"We performed a song from Goblin too!" Sungwoon pointed at himself and Guanlin.

"Yeah, I saw. Which is why I'm actually quite nervous, since I might not have the same effect on the audience."

"No, you'll do great," Taehyun said softly.

"Thank you," he bowed his head slowly.

The others looked at each other, then slowly bowed as well to Minhyun, but lower.

Minhyun was about to go back, but stopped to ask them something. "Are you all performing together?"

They all nodded.

"That's great," his lips formed a thin line in attempt to smile at them. "Good luck."

"Good luck," they all said at the same time.

They watched as Minhyun went back to where he was standing, and held out a breath they didn't notice they were holding in until he was far from them already.

"Well, he's scary," Jihoon said softly.

"Yep, just the kind of warm-up we need before our performance," Taehyun told them. "You know, at least we already warmed up our nerves."

A few performances later, Hwang Minhyun finally went up the stage for his performance. The others went nearer the stage to watch him.

The school applauded him enthusiastically after his performance. His usual academic and disciplined self was thrown away when he performed. Ironically, he was able to show a lot of emotion while singing, even when he is known as the person who doesn't even know how to have feelings.

He went back to the backstage and Sungwoon immediately congratulated him for the job well done, while his friends followed suit. Minhyun thanked them and wished them luck as well.

"You should go on stage already," he told them.

"Oh, yeah," Taehyun said, a sudden pang of nervousness hit him and the others.