b o n u s c h a p t e r o n e

"Ouchy!"

"Ouchy!"

A boy around our age stood at where the ball landed.

"I'm so sorry!" I ran towards him, examining his arm where the ball hit him. "You have a bruise."

"Ouchy..."

"Are you korean?" I asked him.

"Canada, uh... person."

I chuckled at his lack of knowledge of korean vocabulary. "You should put ice."

He nodded his head, rushing towards his house which was just beside mine, and in front of Seob's.

"Hoonie, let's play!"

Seob had his arms across his chest. "That boy's at home already, let's play!"

"Okay." I got the ball and returned to where I was standing at before I accidentally hit the boy with the ball.

We kicked the ball a few times to each other, until we saw the boy from earlier return.

"Oh, hi," I waved at him.

He waved back timidly. I saw a woman just behind him, I assumed she was his mother.

"Come on, ask them," the boy's mother pushed him lightly.

He started walking towards us with his head down. "I want.. play."

"Oh, you wanna play? Seob, we still have room for one more player, do we?"

"Yeah, let's make a triangle," he said.

"Triangle? What?" The boy finally looked at me.

"Just stand there. Don't move."

Seob and I adjusted to our positions until the three of us made a triangle.

"By the way, I never got your name!" I shouted at him.

He looked at me, confused.

"What's your name?"

"Sam."

"Nice name! I'm Jihoon, and he's Seob!"

I flashed a smile at him, as I kicked the ball towards him softly. Turns out he was great at stopping and kicking balls.