t w e n t y f i v e

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

The poor boy got so shocked seeing his friends all in his and Jihoon's room, singing happy birthday to him. Not to mention, they were really loud.

"Guys, I appreciate all this... but I was sleeping," Guanlin said, rubbing his eyes and yawning.

"Come on, blow your candles," Jihoon smiled at him.

"Okay." The younger sighed and bent forward to blow the candles on the cake his friends have given him.

"Lin, your family wants to talk to you," Sungwoon informed him, handing him his phone.

"Uhm, okay..."

Guanlin pressed his phone to his ear and, boy, does he regret doing that.

"Hello?"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAI GUANLIN!"

"LINNIE, IT'S YOUR SPECIAL DAY! WE HAVE A SURPRISE FOR YOU, JUST WAIT FOR IT!"

"YEAH, HYUNG, MOM'S RIGHT! You better have decent food there though."

"Seonho, we're staying at our hotel. I'm pretty sure you know the food here."

"Oh, yeah."

"Uhm, can I end the call now?"

"Yeah, sure, we're doing something anyway."

"Cool."

Guanlin ended the call then put beside him on the bed.

"Hey, wasn't that kinda disrespectful?" Jihoon asked him, scooting awfully near to him.

"Uh, I guess they're used to it?"

Jihoon sighed. "You're so cute, you know that?"

"What?"

"Fuck. Fuck."

Jihoon ran towards the bathroom as fast as lightning would strike. He locked the door behind him, then sat down on the floor.

"Uh, what happened to him?" Guanlin asked the others, looking around with a confused expression on his face.

The others didn't say anything but laughed instead.

"Shit, why did I say that out loud?" Jihoon mumbled, leaning against the door and slapping his cheeks continuously. "Can I cry now?"

He leaned forward and buried his head in his thighs. "Stupid Park Jihoon. I hate you. I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. How am I supposed to go outside now? They'd probably all laugh at me. Ugh, I did not ask for this kind of suffering."

"Jihoon?" He was surprised by the sudden knock and ended up hitting his head on the sink.

"Ouch..."