f o r t y n i n e

Their last day of school was a bittersweet day

Their last day of school was a bittersweet day. Students and teachers of all ages celebrated as they can finally rest, even just for a short while. But, they also had to say goodbye to their classmates, the third years, their friends who they were used to seeing everyday, and their favorite teachers who they wouldn't see in their classrooms anymore.

Wrappers of eaten chocolates, candies, and other gifts were seen scattered along every hallway in the school, due to the excessive gift giving of some of the students who wanted to leave school on a good note.

Jihoon and Guanlin's group of friends went out of school, and used Guanlin's big car going to Ahn's Cafe.

"Woon, when will you quit part-timing here?" Seob asked him, after they all ordered what they wanted.

"Tomorrow. Because, I'm gonna start working full-time."

"What?!" Seob asked. "So, you're really gonna spend your only vacation before the next school year starts working full-time?"

"Well, it's not like your cafe's opened 24/7, so I can still have fun and all."

"Aren't you overworking yourself?" Jihoon asked him. "What do you need the money for, anyway?"

The usual smile on his face left immediately, which was unusual as he was always seen as a bright person. "It's nothing, I like this job anyway."

"But—"

Guanlin grabbed his hand from under the table and stared at him, as if telling him to drop the topic.

"So, uh... what are you guys planning to do this vacation?" Minhyun asked he others, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Hoon, you'll still continue staying up at night with me, right?" Seob asked him, waiting expectantly for an answer.

"Of course," Jihoon answered, then he looked at Guanlin. "I can't bring you, though. It's a Jihoon-Seob thing."

"It's ayt."

"Guys, I was wondering," Sungwoon started. He went back to the bright person he is. "What if I put up a YouTube channel? Like, I'll just post random song and dance covers."

"Yes, go do that," Taehyun encouraged him. "You'll get lots of guys and girls swooning over you, trust me."

"Yeah, you're great," Seob told him.

"I've never seen you dance before, though," Jihoon said.

"You can't be that good in dancing if you're already amazing when it comes to singing," Minhyun said.

"Trust me, he's great," Guanlin informed them.

"Well, okay. I'll put a channel up, then. Soon!"

"But, guys..." Taehyun said, looking at nothing in particular. "I really can't believe I'm gonna be a third year soon. Next thing I know, I'll be out of that school already. We'll get separated."