f o r t y f i v e

Guanlin went home, feeling even more miserable than he already was

Guanlin went home, feeling even more miserable than he already was. He planned to make it up to Jihoon. He wasn't expecting him to start dating him right away, but he hoped that the older would accept him at least as a friend once again.

He was eating dinner with his family when he suddenly felt his phone vibrating.

"Can I answer this?" He asked his parents.

"Make it fast," his mom replied.

He was shocked at who was calling him. It was Seob.

"I didn't know you knew I existed," Guanlin said as soon as he answered the call.

"This isn't a time for jokes, Guanlin. You have to come here. Now." His voice felt forced and he sounded as if he was crying.

"Why?"

"It's Jihoon. He fainted. We're in the hospital now."

"W-What?!"

"Go here now! And tell the others!"

He hung up on him.

Guanlin looked at his parents in horror.

"Lin, what is it?" His dad asked him.

"Jihoon's been brought to the hospital."

"What?! Let's go, then!" Seonho demanded. "We have to be there for hyung!"

The Lai family immediately left the house, not bothering to finish eating dinner.

Guanlin was full on panicking the entire time they were on the ride. His parents and Seonho kept on reassuring him, that Jihoon was okay.

It didn't help that there were lots of people outside at the time. Every passing second seemed like a hundred years to Guanlin. He just wanted to see Jihoon. Immediately.

He wanted to apologize for everything he had done to him, he wanted to see his beautiful smile again, he wanted to be able to feel his touch again. He missed it very much.

As soon as they arrived at the hospital, they met up with Seob's and Jihoon's family.

"What's his condition?" He asked Seob.

"The doctors said it's not anything dangerous. He was just dehydrated, and would probably take only a few hours to recover. You know, to restore all those water and to make sure that he's perfectly fine."

He nodded. At least he was okay.

"Where are the others?"

"I may have forgotten to tell them about this."

"Let's just not tell them. It's getting pretty late."

They were all in the room where Jihoon was staying. He still hasn't woken up, despite the doctor saying that he's fine.