Chapter 27: Wrath Of Asgard

A/N 

I recommend you listen to the soundtrack above, it will help set the mood when reading this chapter. It's a really cool song by Danheim - Glitnir. A true Nordic song.

======================

Sigvard unleashed his fury upon the streets of New York, he destroyed cars, sidewalks and attacked the people as they fled in fear for their lives. Several police men tried to stop his rampage, but he merely blocked they're bullets with Vanir armour that rebounded and shot back. Sigvard let out a laughter of delight as he saw the Midgardian's fall beneath him.

A black SUV raced threw the streets towards where the alien being caused havoc in the streets.

The truck came to a screeching holt, seeing Sigvard flip a car over and then continue to run down the street terrorising people.

"Here's the plan—" Coulson in the drivers seat turned back to the passengers, but was cut short by the sound of the door closing.

He noticed Sigyn wasn't sitting next to Sky or Simmins in the back seat anymore. "Where is she?"

Both girls shrugged their shoulders. Coulson turned back to see Sigyn approaching Sigvard with her spear in hand.

"I say we just let them sort things out." Fits suggested slightly terrified of the enhanced beings. "She did say he was more dangerous than that Lorelei."

"Stay on back up. Skye, with me." Coulson ordered and two piled out with guns drawn. "Stay down."

Sigyn marched towards Sigvard as he continued to yell out nonsense. "Sigvard!" she called.

"Sister!" he rejoiced. "Have you come to watch?"

"I've come to to put an end to this madness." she gestured to the destruction around them.

"Madness?" Sigvard repeated offended. "This is order."

"In my experience order is highly over rated." Sigyn replied unimpressed and lazily leaned her weight onto one foot, while leaning onto her spear.

"Clad in full armour." Sigvard draws a sword. "Have you come to kill me, dear sister?"

"I wish I could." Sigyn scoffs and stands in a defensive position, circling Sigvard cautiously. "But making you suffer would serve a better justice. These people have already suffered the attack of The Chitauri, can't you just let them be?"

"The Goddess of War and Fidelity!" Sigvard muttered horridly growing impatient. He wanted a fight and he knew exactly how to get it. "I took great pleasure watching Baldur die, seeing Loki suffer—"

Sigyn struck first, she brought down her blade and Sigvard blocked it above his head and drew a dagger to stab Sigyn in the chest. Sigyn see's and spins her spear downwards, hitting Sigvard's side with enough force to send him tumbling.

He came to a roll and then to his feet. He let out a roar and ran towards his sister. Sigyn sidestepped and avoided the swing of his sword, Sigvard trusted his sword forwards, allowing Sigyn to grasp his wrist and easily flip him over her head.

He hit the ground with a sickening thud and groaned with pain. He coughed for air and rolled to his side, acting like a hurt dog.

Sigyn growled with anger and separated her spear into two. "Your time below the dungeons has turned you into a madman."

"I wonder who put me there." Sigvard growled, venom dripping from his words. He lashed out, hitting the back of Sigyn's knee forcing her to one knee. Sigvard then grabbed had of her armour and with the strength of the Vanrir, he flung her across the street into the air.