Chapter 32: Dinner With The Avengers

"Ultron took you guys out of play to buy himself time." Fury explains as he makes himself a sandwich. "My contacts all say he's building up to something."

Lila silently walked around the dinner table that was littered with the aftermath of dinner, and she handed Sigyn and Natasha a drawing each.

Sigyn smiled kindly and took the drawing, it was a recap of what happened in her bedroom, Sigyn and Natasha drawn in one corner of the table, with drawings of herself, her brother and her dolls flying around the paper.

Sigyn smiled down at it as Lila handed Natasha her drawing.

"The amount of Vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing." Fury explains.

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asked who leaned against the wall, glancing at Sigyn every now and then. He was itching to ask her about Bucky, he had been over the entirety of dinner and she noticed his glances.

"Oh, he's easy to track." Fury replies. "He's everywhere. The guys multiplying faster than a catholic rabbit. It still doesn't help us get an angle on his plans, though."

"Is he still going after launch codes?" Tony asked from behind the kitchen bar, as he threw darts at a board.

"Yes, he is." Fury answered. "But he's not making any headway."

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare." Tony says.

"Well, I contacted our friends at the Nexus about that."

"Nexus?" Steve repeated.

"It's the world internet hub in Oslo." Banner answered from the back corner in the dining room. "Every byte of data flows through there. Fastest access on Earth."

"So, what did they say?" Clint asked examining a dart from the stool at the bar.

"He's fixated on the missiles." Fury says. "But the codes are constantly being changed."

"By whom?" Tony asked as a dart hit the board, missing his face by inches. He shot a glance at Clint who shrugged innocently.

"Parties unknown."

"Do we have an ally?" Natasha asked.

"Ultron's got an enemy." Fury says. "Thats not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is."

Tony came to the doorway of the back kitchen. "I might need to visit Oslo. Find our unknown."

"Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kinda hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that." Natasha says.

"I do!" Nick replied taking a bite out of his sand which. "I have you. Back in the day I had eyes everywhere. Ears, everywhere else. You kids had all the tech you could dream up. Here we all are, back on Earth, with nothing but our wit and our will to save the world."

"Wit meaning more than one thing." Sigyn mumbled under her breath.

Fury sighed shaking his head at her statement, "Ultron says the Avengers are the only thing between him and his mission. And whether or not he admits it, his mission is global destruction. All this, laid in a grave. So stand, outwit the platinum bastard." Fury takes a seat at the head of the table.

"Steve doesn't like that kind of talk." Natasha stated.

"You know what, Romanoff?" Steve retorted.

"So what does this... Ultron, want?" Sigyn asked.

"To become better." Steve replied. "Better than us. He keeps building bodies."

"Person bodies." Tony says. "The human form is inefficient. Biologically speaking, we're outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it."

"When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed." Natasha stated.

"They don't need to be protected." Banner says softly looking down at the butterfly drawing for Natasha. "They need to evolve. Ultron's going to evolve."

"How?" Fury asked.

"Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?"