Chapter 28: Welcome Home

A few days later.

"Mother!" Vali rejoiced as Sigyn stepped out of the bifrost with Thor, The Warriors Three, Lady Sif and an accompanied squadron of Einherjar. Odin was last to emerge.

"My son!"

Vali ran into his mother's arms again. Vali stepped back, allowing Sigyn to take a good look at her son again. "My, look how you've grown. I am so proud."

Vali smiled flashing his pearly white teeth, "I'm glad to see you." he then looked over his mother's shoulder and stiffened at the sight of Odin.

Sigyn cleared her throat nervously, "Vali, listen to reason first."

"Why is he here?"

Odin stepped forward, "Vali, my boy. It's good to see you again."

 Vali furrowed his eyebrows confused, he noticed the way Odin acted and talked wasn't the same, but he didn't question it

Vali furrowed his eyebrows confused, he noticed the way Odin acted and talked wasn't the same, but he didn't question it. He merely nodded his head.

"You've come, All-Father?"

"I would not miss this royal wedding for all the Nine Realms." Odin replied with a smile. "And as future king, I would like to amend our relationship."

"For the good of the realms?" Vali replied.

"For the good of the realms." Odin smiled and patted Vali's shoulder. "I am truly sorry, for that fateful day."

"I just wish my Father and my grandmother were only here."

"They are here." Sigyn says, "In our hearts."

"As is your brother." Odin says.

"Thank you... father." Vali whispered. A knowing smile spread across Odin's lips, he glanced at Sigyn who was smiling.

"I congratulate you." Thor stepped forward, "You're a man now!"

"Uncle!" Vali greeted him and as well as the Warriors Three and Sif. "I'm gladdened to see you here, please, Freya and Iwaldi anxiously await your arrival. And mother, I would like you to meet my wife."

Vali explains as he led the entourage into the palace where Sigyn once grew up as a child. Atop the steps, a brunette women stood waiting with Freya and Iwaldi. The women smiled warmly as Sigyn approached,

"You're majesties." the women bowed to Sigyn. Odin and Thor, "It's an honour."

"Mother, met my wife, Ingrid." Vali stood at her side.

Sigyn smiled, "The honour is all mine, Ingrid."

"Ah!" Thor jogged up the steps, "It's wonderful to met the women my nephew is to marry!" Thor takes her hand and kisses it, making her giggle shyly.

"A fine wife, son." Odin greeted the women.

"All-Father."

Freya and Iwaldi still stood waiting patently as the Warriors Three and Sif made conversation with the happy couple. Sigyn approached her mother and father.

"Mother, Father." She greeted.

 "My precious child

"My precious child..." Freya says with an ageing voice, streaks of grey decorated her elegant blonde hair that her crown sat upon, and the wrinkles of age had begun to set in. Sigyn could feel an undeniable tension between her and her mother, they hadn't seen each other since Narvi was killed.

 "It saddens me to hear of Loki's death

"It saddens me to hear of Loki's death. Again." Iwaldi says bordly. "And how ever did you get away with treason?"

"We had good reasoning." Sigyn's voice was barely a whisper. Freya reached out her delicate fingers and cupped Sigyn's warm cheek and smiled.

"Come, I shall have a bath drawn for you and we can begin to get ready for the wedding."