Chapter 33: The Winter Soldier

"I'll take Natasha, Sigyn and Clint." Steve says as he connects his shield to his back, already suited up.

"All right, Strictly recon. I'll hit the Nexus." Tony informs heading to front foyer with Steve were Sigyn and Natasha were already waiting. "I'll join you as soon as I can."

"If Ultron's really building a body..." Steve says.

"He'll be more powerful than any of us. Maybe all of us." Tony says. "An android designed by a robot."

"You know I really miss the days when the weirdest thing science created was me."

Fury then rushed past slipping on his coat, "I'll drop Banner off at the tower. You mind if I borrow Ms. Hill?"

"She's all yours. Apparently." Tony says. "What are you going to do?"

"I don't know. Something dramatic, I hope."

"We need to move." Sigyn interrupted already half way out the door. The early morning sun was barely over the horizon.

The Avengers followed Sigyn out onto the porch, including Laura who came to see them off.

"I'll see you soon again." Natasha says hugging Laura.

"Be safe out there."

"Always." Natasha stepped down the porch steps, following her teammates towards the quintet hidden in the woods.

"Farewell, Laura Barton." Sigyn smiled kindly.

"Farewell." Laura smiled back.

"May the mother of child labour look over you and keep you safe and well, and may she help bring a healthy boy." Sigyn held a hand over Laura's massive stomach.

"Thank you very much." Laura chuckled. Sigyn nodded and jogged after her fellow team mates.

~~~*~~~

Once Tony was dropped off at Oslo at the Nexus and Fury and Banner had been left at Stark tower. Steve, Natasha, Clint and Sigyn were left on the quinjet flying towards the location of Ultron.

"When are you going to ask, Steve?" Sigyn suddenly says. Steve looked up, he was sitting across from her while Natasha and Clint flew the jet.

"Don't think I haven't noticed you looking at me." Sigyn leaned forward in her seat. "Are you going to ask me?"

"Fury says you know about Bucky." Steve's tone turned cold. "Long before they found me in the ice."

Sigyn let out a breath and sat back in her seat. "We are old friends, yes. I've known him since World War Two, I was there when Hydra attacked his battalion and took them hostage, but I was called back to Asgard before I could prevent that because Hydra was there for me and my son."

"I mean recently." Steve explains. "Before Loki attacked New York."

"Your correct. He did attack me, but he wasn't himself, he was being controlled by Hydra... and his arm-"

"He lost his arm when he 'died' back in 1942." Steve explained. "He's been turned into a Hydra weapon. An assassin, but under cryo freeze until recently he resurfaced again, tried to kill Fury, tried to kill me. That was when SHIELD went down. And now's he missing again."

"I'm so sorry, Steve."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Steve shot.

"Tell you what?" Sigyn spat back and leaned forward again. "You were found two weeks before Loki attacked. What was I supposed to say? That your one and only companion is still alive, but he is being mind controlled and might try to kill you?"

"Yes!" Steve yelled capturing the attention of Clint and Natasha.

"If I had of told you, you would have left the current threat in search of him." Sigyn says calmly. "We needed you to focus on the task at hand. If you want, I will help you search for him after all this is over."

Steve nods nonchalantly and takes in a deep breath.