-one-

Aubrey's POV
---

I was in my bedroom, just finishing packing up my suitcase. I zipped it up and brought it to the living room. I sat down on my couch, took the plane ticket out my bag, and looked at it. I still couldn't believe I was flying to Arizona in a couple hours to visit my childhood best friend, Cody Bellinger. I was also going to visit my family who lives next to my childhood best friend.

I stood up and examined the room; it was bare, almost empty since my lease was almost up. Most of everything in the room was packed into boxes. I looked at the clock. I still had a few more hours to kill until I had to head to the airport. I decided I would get food before going to the airport so I drove to the In N Out that was closest to me.

I got into my car and turned the radio on. Ariana Grande's new album, Sweetener, was playing. I sang along to one of her songs as I drove to In N Out.

When I rolled up to the drive-thru window at the In N Out, I ordered my usual. A cheeseburger with no onions, and a side of animal fries with a chocolate milkshake. I thanked the woman taking my order and drove up to the next window.

I handed the cashier my card and waited until he gave it back.

The line wasn't moving so the cashier and I made some small talk. He gave me my card back and started a conversation.

"So, any plans tonight?"

"Not really. Just flying to Arizona tonight."

"Oh really? That sounds like fun. Any particular reason?"

"Yeah, actually. I'm visiting my family, and childhood best friend that I haven't seen since high school."

"That's sweet. What's their name?"

"Cody. Cody Bellinger."

"Wait, you mean THE Cody Bellinger from the Dodgers?"

"Yeah," I smiled.

"Lucky girl. Well, have fun and definitely have a safe flight."

"Thank you so much!"

I drove up the last window, where one of the workers handed me a bag and my shake. I put the cup in my cup holder. I thanked her and drove off back to my apartment.

On the drive home, I got a call from my mom. It rung twice before I answered it. 

"Hey, Mom, what's up?"

"Nothing much. Just wanted to check in on you."

"Haha, okay. Well, I'm driving right now but I'm headed to the airport in about an hour."

"Okay, great. I'll be there to pick you up."

"Thanks, Mom."

By the time I hung up, I was already in the parking garage of my apartment. I got out, bag and shake in hand, and headed back up to my apartment.

When I got inside, I didn't bother taking my shoes off because I was so hungry. I sat down at the kitchen island, took my food out of the bag, and started eating. I scrolled through Instagram while I was eating my cheeseburger.

I saw that Cody posted a photo a few days ago. I scrolled down to see the picture. It was a picture of him and his girlfriend, Melyssa. They were celebrating their 7-month anniversary.

codybellinger posted a photo