- twenty eight -

I didn't even have time to respond. "Uh-" 

"Oh my God. You are, aren't you?" Mariana cried out. 

"Shhh. Okay, okay, I am. But you cannot tell anyone, okay? I haven't even told Cody yet." 

"Oh my God, I'm so happy for you! Okay, it'll be between us, don't worry." 

We continued eating our food. By this time, most of the players were already heading back in and the crew was setting up for the game. The stadium was starting to fill up and the diamond was starting to look game-ready. Today's game was against the Padres. 

"So, when are you planning on telling Cody?" Mariana asked. 

"After the game."

"What about the other WAGs?" 

"Um, I was planning on telling all the wives and girlfriends and other guys after I tell Cody. I was thinking over dinner, maybe?" I replied. 

"Yeah, that sounds great, Aub!"

We continued talking, going about on our regular game-day rituals. Eat. Gossip. Snapchat. After a while, the players started coming out to their dugout and the game was starting soon. We all stood up for the National Anthem and soon enough, the players were running out on the field. 

"And here are your Los Angeles Dodgers!" the announcer said. 

The crowd cheered and waited for the first pitch. Strike. 

The first inning flew by. Nothing special happened. Swinging strikes and pop-ups, here and there. 

During the game, Mariana posted a photo to her Instagram. 

marianavicente posted a photo 

Liked by shelbystripling, suzannavilla, and 66, 239 others @marianavicente  game-day, day-game ! let's do it! 

@marianavicente 
game-day, day-game ! let's do it! 

load 20,013 comments

@suebaaby  ahh! i can see you from the field lol 

@shelbystripling  lookin' good babe ! 

@suzannavilla  i'm your number one fan omg 

@kike.mariana  padres goin' down today 

@teamkike  tell kike to do something 

@ashlibellinger  you're amazing, a goddess 

@levis  rockin' our denim and makin' it look good 

@aubreymendes  a queen ! ily <3

By the fourth inning, things started heating up. The Padres hit a one-run homerun but the Dodgers were quick to take the lead. With Kike and Chris on base, Seager was at bat to bring them home.