-twenty-

As the night went on, the drinks kept coming. Especially for Cody.

I looked over at Cody and placed my hand on his arm to get his attention. 

"Cody, slow down on the wine," I suggested. 

"Babe, I'm fine. I'm just a little drunk. But you're definitely driving us back tonight." 

"Obviously. You're not even a little drunk. You're just. Drunk." 

I retrieved the car keys from Cody's front pant pockets. I placed them in my purse so I wouldn't lose them. 

I decided I would stop drinking so I could sober up to make sure I could drive us back to the hotel. Before I could sober up, I finished off the last of my wine. Then I started drinking the water that was placed next to my plate. That should sober me up at least a little bit, I thought. 

After I finished my water, I examined the room. Everyone seemed to be having fun, talking to someone and smiling. Cody looked over at me and put his hand on my thigh. 

"Do you want to go back to the hotel?" Cody looked over at me and asked. 

"I don't know. Do you want to?" I replied. 

"Yeah, I want some alone time with you." 

"Like we haven't already had enough alone time?"

"You know what I mean." 

"Okay, babe. Let's go back," I said. 

Cody and I both got out of our seats and stood up. I grabbed my purse and Cody grabbed his jacket off the chair of his seat. We faced everyone at the table.

"We are so sorry but we have to leave. I gotta get this boy back to the hotel to sober up for tomorrow's game. I guess we'll see you all tomorrow," I patted Cody on his chest. 

There were some "See you tomorrow" and "Bye" scattered throughout the room. We walked out of the private dining room. 

We exited the restaurant and walked back to our car. I took the car keys from my purse and unlocked the car. I opened the passenger door for Cody since he was too drunk to do it himself. I closed the car and made my way to the driver side. 

I got in, buckled my seatbelt, and started the car. I made our way back to the hotel. I turned on some music for the drive home and let Cody sober up with some water I left in the car.  

"You know you're gonna feel like shit tomorrow morning," I told Cody. 

"No kidding." 

"How many glasses did you have anyway?" I asked. 

"Uh, two. Wait no. Like, four-ish," Cody said, slurred. 

"My goodness. Are you gonna be okay for tomorrow's game?" 

"We have a game tomorrow? Shit, I mean, I guess so," slurred. 

"Let's just get you to bed." 

"And I'm gonna get you into bed." 

I pulled into the valet for the lobby. I parked the car, leaving the keys in the ignition, and got out. I walked over to the passenger side and waited until Cody got out. 

The valet drove off. Cody and I got inside the hotel. I had my arm around Cody and he had his arm around me. I pressed the button to go up for the elevator and we waited. 

After a few seconds, the elevator dinged and opened. We walked in and pressed the floor to our room. Cody was leaned against one side of the elevator so I let go of him. I rummaged through my purse, finding the key to the room.