-twenty one-

I heard the bathroom door open.

I quickly hid the box back into the compartment it fell out of before he knew I saw it. I stood up, acting naturally like I saw nothing. 

I got up and walked over to Cody, as he was walking out of the bathroom. I gave him a kiss on the cheek.  

"You feeling better, babe?" I asked. 

"Head is pounding but some breakfast should do it," Cody smirked. 

"Okay, okay. Let's get some food in you, just go get dressed." 

Cody went over to his suitcase. 

"Hey, did you put some clothes in my suitcase?" Cody asked. 

 I was hoping I put the box in the right place. "Yeah, I just put some of your dirty clothes in there. Did you want me to put it in my laundry bag?" 

"No, I was just wondering." 

Cody grabbed an outfit from his suitcase and got changed. He got changed into black gym shorts, a Bleed Blue Dodgers shirt, a black hat, and he slipped on his Yeezys. I grabbed my Cody Bellinger jersey to throw on before the game. 

"You ready?" Cody checked in on me. 

"Yeah, let me just grab my purse." 

I picked up my purse from the ground and walked over to Cody, who was waiting for me by the door. He opened the door for me and let me walk out first. 

We walked down the hallway to the elevator. 

"Babe, I need you to drive again," Cody said. 

"Okay. You think you'll be fine in time for the game?" 

"Hopefully. Food and Tylenol should do the trick." 

I dug around in my purse, searching for my travel Tylenol bottle. "Here, take some this with this," I handed Cody a water bottle and two Tylenol tablets. 

"You're a lifesaver," Cody said, then put the pills in his mouth and drank some water. 

Cody pushed the button to the elevator. He stood back and waited. 

"Cody?" 

"Yeah?" 

"Can we go somewhere else for breakfast? Like, not IHOP? I'm getting kinda sick of it, not gonna lie." 

"Haha, sure. Where would you like to go?" 

"Mmm. Urth Caffe?" I suggested. 

"Yeah, sure. Lead the way." 

The elevator dinged and the doors opened. We stepped in and Cody pushed the button to the lobby. Cody wrapped his arm around my shoulders and I played with his fingers that hung over my left shoulder. 

When the elevator stopped and the doors opened, we stepped out and made our way outside to the valet. Cody told the valet to bring our car around and we waited by the other valets. 

Cody made some small talk with one of the other valet boys. I stood by him, listening in on the conversation. Apparently, the valet was a fan of Cody and the Dodgers. I was asked to take a picture of them and I happily did so. I loved seeing Cody with fans and I'd do anything to support him. 

A couple of minutes passed, the car was pulled up to where we were standing. The valet got out of the car and I walked over to the driver's side. I tipped him and got in, with Cody on the passenger's side. 

I typed in the address to Urth Caffe in my phone GPS and started the car. Cody played some of his music over the AUX. 

"Country, really?" I looked over at Cody.