-eight-

"I just need to get this out but..."

"Yeah?"

"Well, I've been thinking about me and Melyssa's breakup and I could only come to the fact that we broke up because of you."

"Oh." I paused and took a breath. I shifted my weight from one foot to another. "Is that a good or bad thing?"

"Good, for sure," Cody said, relieving me. "I just noticed how bad she's been treating me and how you were the one who's made me happy all these years. I was being held in a toxic relationship and never even noticed. I just wasn't smart enough to notice it until now. I mean, seriously Aub, you are the only person who can brighten up my day and make me laugh, ever since like elementary school. You are truly the only one who knows me and we've known each other for years. And that brings me to the question, will you make me the happiest guy and be my girlfriend?"

I was taken aback and shocked, hand over mouth. I stood in the parking lot of Babystacks and stared at Cody for a second. I didn't expect that at all. There was a slight pause before Cody spoke up again.

"I know it's sudden and if you're not read-"

I cut him off.

"Yes, I'd love to be your girlfriend," I said with the biggest smile on my face.

"You're an amazing person, Aub. You just made me the happiest guy ever."

I hugged Cody.

"Cody Bellinger is my boyfriend? Crazy, isn't it?" I told Cody. 

"I heard he's a really handsome guy. Real funny." 

"Oh, yeah. I bet. Heard he loves ice cream, too." 

"Oh, I'm sure he does." 

We laughed.

"Can we eat now?" I asked Cody, after letting go.

"Haha, yes. I'm starving."

We walked into Babystacks and got a table for two. We were one of the first ones seated and we were directed to our table. I sat down first and Cody went around me to get to his seat. The host set two menus on our table and I took the one at the top.

After flipping through the menu, I decided on the chocolate chip pancakes and a side of hash browns. I put the menu down and looked at Cody before he put his menu down.

"So, you said you wanted to talk to me this morning?"

"Yeah. Well, what just happened in the parking lot was what I had to talk to you about. I just had to get it off my chest."

"Oh, okay. I'm glad we talked about it. Wait, does that mean we can have sleepovers and get breakfast together every day?"

"I swear you're like five sometimes, but yes. I want to do things with you I couldn't do with Melyssa. I'd know you enjoy them, unlike her."

"I'd do anything with you," I smiled.

The waitress came and took our drink and food orders. I ordered first and I got the chocolate chip pancakes with a side of hash browns. Cody got blueberry pancakes and side of toast. I ordered coffee and Cody ordered orange juice.

"So, is this like our first date?" I asked Cody.

"Yeah, I mean that's why I wanted to pay."

"I like how you think Belli."

"Oh, yeah. I forgot to tell you but the flight to LA changed from 10 to 9, so I'll pick you up at 7 to 7:30."

"Okay, cool. You don't even know how excited I am."