-thirteen-

"I love you."

Cody turned to look at me with a smile.

"I love you too."

"Just... thank you for everything."

"Of course, Aubrey," Cody said, grabbing my hand and kissing the top of it, while keeping his eyes on the road.

It's been a while since he's called me by Aubrey, so I knew he was being serious.

Cody pulled off the freeway and drove until we got to the parking structure of The Americana. He pulled in and drove up to the third level. We drove in circles looking for an open parking space. We found when all the way in the back, farthest from the elevator. Cody pulled into the open parking space anyways.

Cody put the car in park and we grabbed our stuff and got out of the car. Cody locked the car and I walked alongside him as we made our way to the elevator.

"So, I think you should get some new shirts and pants. You know, on off days and such," I suggested to Cody.

"Yeah, I've been wanting some button downs and t-shirts actually."

"I'll help you pick some out."

We got to the elevator and Cody pressed the down button. We waited for the elevator to come up as the elevator made a whirring sound.

"Are you gonna shop for anything?" Cody asked.

"Yeah, maybe. I've been wanting something summery since it's gonna be hot soon."

"Noted."

The elevator stopped making a whirring noise and the gray doors opened up. We walked in and Cody pressed the ground level button. We watched the gray doors close and we felt the elevator moving.

It was a short ride down and the gray elevator doors opened up to the shopping center. Cody and I walked out and walked around looking for any good stores to go in. I pointed at Zara where I thought Cody would find some good clothes.

We walked into Zara, immediately greeted by a worker. We went to the men's section and we wandered around each rack trying to find something Cody would like. 

I grabbed a couple plain button downs and plain t-shirts. Cody had gone to the pants section where he picked some long and short pants. I walked over to Cody to show him some of the tops I picked out. 

"Okay, so I think this light blue button down and this black t-shirt would look really good on you," I said, holding up the two shirts. 

"Okay. I'm gonna try it on with, maybe these pants?" Cody asked me, putting the shirt and pants against his body. 

"Mmm, try the black pants with the light blue button down and the black shirt with the gray shorts." 

"Okay, thanks. I'm gonna go try it on." 

Cody walked to the fitting room while I put the other shirts back where I found them. I waited near the fitting room while Cody was changing. 

Cody came out wearing the first outfit I had chosen for him, the light blue button-down and black pants.

"What do you think? I think I'm digging this one." 

"It looks great! The light blue really compliments your face." 

"I'm definitely getting this outfit. Let me go try on the other one." 

Cody walked back into the fitting room. 

Since Cody's birthday was next month, I wanted to surprise him with his own clothing line, in collaboration with the company. He's been talking about starting his own clothing line since high school, although his sense of style isn't the best.