-three-

While we were waiting for Cody to come out, I posted a picture on Instagram of us from breakfast. 

aubreymendes posted a photo

Liked by elizabethmendes, codybellinger, and 12,056 others@aubreymendes  breakfast was good but seeing him was better                                         tagged: @codybellinger

@aubreymendes  breakfast was good but seeing him was better  
                                       tagged: @codybellinger

load 3,902 comments

@ashlibellinger  you're too cute 

@colebellinger   thought that was me for a quick sec 

@codybellinger  nah, breakfast was better :) 

@jessicaadams  come back already! i miss you :(

@aubreymendes  all you girlie @ashlibellinger

@bellifan  melyssa got some competition

@tringsby  is it hot in here or is it just you?

@codybellingerfan  melyssa isn't gonna like this 

The likes and comments were rolling in quick. 

I put my phone in my purse and waited for Cody to come out. We were all waiting on the warning track next to the tunnel. Ashli was talking to her parents so I talked to Cole a little bit until Cody came out. 

"How're the minors treating you?" 

"It's pretty good right now. I'm hoping I get called up to the majors soon so I can go up against Cody."

I laughed. "I'd pay good money to see that."

"How's college treating you?"

"It was tough but I graduated early so I could come here, so I have that going."

"Oh, congrats! So you really busted your ass to get here, huh?"

"Yeah, it's been a busy four years. But I'm here now, so that's all that matters." 

"We'll make sure to make it the best trip ever. Congrats, again."

"Thanks, Cole."

I always thought of Cole as the little brother I never had. 

Cody eventually came out of the clubhouse. His hair was wet and he was changed into Nike shorts with a black shirt, and Nike slides. He had a towel slung onto his shoulder. He wiped some of the water dripping down his forehead with the towel.

I gave him a hug. "You did great tonight, Belli."

"Thanks. I'm glad you got to see my famous Bellibomb."

Melyssa walked in front of me to get to Cody. Cody wrapped his arm around her and they both kissed. 

"We going soon or what?" Melyssa looked up and asked Cody.