-seventeen-

The valet brought the car around and Cody walked over to the driver's side, tipping the valet. Cody opened the back car door, putting his backpack on the back seat. He closed the door, making his way in the driver's side.

"You going straight to the stadium?" I asked.

"Yeah, gotta be there at 12."

"Okay, we have a couple hours to kill."

Cody started the car, getting ready to go to IHOP.

"I'm starving," Cody and I said at the same time.

We looked at each other, wide-eyed. "That was crazy," Cody said.

We got on the road, playing Khalid's new album and Crazy by Gnarls Barkley. Cody liked some songs while others were not his style.

"My new walkup song," Cody joked when "Crazy" started playing.

I gave him a confused look, but laughing with him.

"Just imagine me walking up to bat with a song about you."

"Is that supposed to be a compliment or an insult? I'll take it as a compliment because I drive you crazy with my awesomeness."

"That's it," Cody said, giving me a smile.

Cody pulled into the parking lot of IHOP, not having to parallel park.

Cody took the keys out of the ignition and I grabbed my stuff to get out. I hopped on out of the car, Cody meeting me on my side of the car. He took my hand, walking together into IHOP.

As we walked in, Cody signaled to the host that we needed a table for two. The host grabbed two menus and showed us the way to our table.

The host set our menus down and I sat across from Cody. We didn't even look through the menus because we already knew what we wanted.

"You wanna come watch BP?" Cody asked.

"Yeah, of course. I love watching you live out your dream, out on the field. Besides, lines for food are shorter before the game," I joked.

"You and your garlic fries, it's crazy."

"Hey, it's not my fault that Dodgers Stadium is like the only place that sells the best garlic fries."

The waitress came to our table.

"Hi, I'm Stephanie and I'll be your waitress today. Can I get you started with some drinks?"

"Uh, can I get an iced coffee?" I asked as the waitress scribbled it down in her notepad.

"And I'll have an iced tea," Cody said. "Oh, and can we order too?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

"She will have a banana and Nutella crepe with two eggs over medium, hash brown, and bacon. And I'll have the same thing."

"Okay, I'll be right back with your drinks," the waitress, scribbling it down in her notepad.

The waitress walked away with the menus.

"You excited for the team dinner tonight?" Cody asked.

"Yeah, I finally get to see the team altogether and I get to meet some of your friends. And, I already have an outfit picked out, so yeah."

Cody gave me a kind smile. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing. It's just..."

"What, Cody?"

"You're always supporting me and my career. You never complain about my schedule. It's just... thank you."

"Cody, of course. This is your dream and I want to be there to support you."