-five-

I knocked on the door to the Bellinger's and Ashli answered.

"Hey, girl! Come in!"

I walked into the house and hugged Ashli.

"Okay, so the game's at 5:10 and it'll take like an hour to get there, so we should leave in about an hour and a half," Ashli said, after letting go from the hug.

"Sounds good. Wait, can you take a picture of me in your driveway? I want to post it on my Instagram."

"Yeah, for sure!"

We went back outside to their driveway and I handed Ashli my phone. I stood in front of the white brick wall that they had next to their garage. Ashli was hyping me up and getting all the angles. When she was done, we looked through the photos and decided on a candid-looking photo, which I decided to post on Instagram.

aubreymendes posted a picture

Liked by jessicaadams, mattkemp, and 15,762 others@aubreymendes cheesin' in Arizona

@aubreymendes cheesin' in Arizona

load 4,592 comments

@jenniferbellinger  beautiful girl!

@ashlibellinger  an actual goddess

@codybellinger damn girl

@aubreymendes shut up :p @codybellinger

@dodgersfan cody's new girlfriend?

@madisonbeer  teach me your ways

@melyssaperez cody's doing charity work now? how cute.

@losangelesdodgersss melyssa's a little feisty

The likes and comments started to roll in. I turned my phone and continued back into the house with Ashli.

"Is Cody here?"

"No, he left for the stadium a while ago."

"Okay. Spill."

We sat down on the couch in the common room. We were faced toward each other with our legs crisscross applesauce.

"So, Cody was up pretty early and I heard him and Melyssa arguing outside. I guess she drove here just to talk to him. It got kinda heated."

"What were they arguing about?"

"How Cody doesn't make enough time for her and how he's been spending too much time with you instead of her."

"Jesus. She needs to get the stick out of her ass."

"For real."

"That's it?"

"Well, they broke up after that."