- thirty one -

"Oh my God, you know what would be really cute?" I asked. 

"Hmm?" 

"We should give my mom a cake or something that says 'grandma' on it to surprise her with the pregnancy." 

"Oh, that's a good idea. I feel like she'd be confused at first though," Cody responded.  

"Oh, yeah, obviously. But at least it's cake," I laughed. 

"Hey, we should probably do that dinner tomorrow or something. You know, after the game," Cody said. 

"Yeah, sooner is probably good, huh. I'll text the girls, you think you can ask the guys?" 

"Yeah, I'll ask them at the game." 

I opened the group chat with the other WAGs. 

AUBREY
Hey, ladies! Just wanted to know if everyone is free tomorrow after the game? Cody and I would love to have dinner with you and the guys. 

MARIANA 
Yes! I'm free! I'll see you at the game bb <3 

SHELBY 
Same with Mariana! I'll be there! 

KELSEY 
Sounds good! See you at the game girl! 

MADY
Corey and I can make it! 

GIANNI 
Sorry, girl! I can't make it, I gotta go visit the fam out of town :( 

After the flood of messages came in, Cody and I decided we could all go to Nobu after the game. Although some WAGs can't make it, those who can get a little surprise. I mean, I can tell those who can't come after. 

"Okay, so most of the girls can make it. And I guess we should leave right after the game." 

"Yeah, that sounds good." 

We made it home and I went straight to the couch. I set my bag down in front of me and laid down. 

"You tired?" Cody asked. 

"No, just full." 

Cody went to the kitchen and got a bottle of water. 

I looked at the clock. We have a few hours to kill before Cody has to leave for his game tonight. 

---

THE NEXT NIGHT 

We were in the bottom of the ninth inning. The Dodgers were tied against the Padres. Muncy was at-bat with a full count. The next pitch was thrown and Muncy swung. Everyone in the stands were on their feet, watching the ball fly through to center field. Everyone was cheering, including me. 

Corey Seager came running around the base from second to home. The Dodgers won 7-6 and the players crowded Muncy.

After the cheering, most of the crowd starting exiting the stadium and the guy were making their way into the Clubhouse. The other WAGs and I went down to the field and into the Clubhouse and waited for the guys to come out. 

The WAGs and I talked a bit before someone came out of the Clubhouse. Cody. I walked over to him. I hugged him and he kissed me on my forehead. 

"Hey, I'll see you girls in a bit!" 

They all said their "See you soon's" and we rushed to Nobu. We had a reservation for all of us and we wanted to get there first. 

"You ready to tell them?" Cody asked. 

"Yeah, it's always a bit nerve-wracking but I'm excited." 

Cody drove us to the restaurant. We went inside and got to our table, waiting for the rest of the party to arrive. Cody and I sat somewhere in the middle of one side of the table. 

About five minutes passed and couples started arriving one by one. The first couple to arrive was Corey and Mady. We got up and greeted them. I hugged Mady and Cody hugged Corey. They sat down next to us. 

As couples started arriving, we greeted them, giving them a hug and telling them to sit wherever they'd like. When the table finally filled up, we ordered drinks and appetizers. 

Everyone was talking to each other. It was a fun time, although they were probably wondering why we invited them to dinner on such short notice. 

I turned to Cody. "Should we tell them when the drinks come?" I asked. 

"Like a toast or something?" 

"Yeah, or do you want to do it after dinner?" 

"Nah, let's do it when the drinks come. It'll be a surprise." 

"Haha, okay." Cody kissed my cheek. 

The waiters started bringing the drinks a couple at a time and I was starting to get nervous. I wasn't sure why I get so nervous when I tell people the exciting news. 

Most of the guys ordered beer and some girls ordered wine, but as usual, I stuck with iced tea and water. 

When everyone's drinks came, Cody stood up and I followed. 

"Hey, guys. Aub and I just wanted to thank you guys for coming out on such short notice." 

"Yeah, thank you. And congrats on the win tonight guys. Um, most of you may be wondering why we invited to dinner tonight and that's because Cody and I just wanted to share something very exciting with you all. And that's that..." I looked over to Cody. 

"I'm pregnant." "She's pregnant." 

I think it took a second for everyone to process it. Even Mariana, who already knew about it. 

Mady and Kelsey got up and hugged me. Some of the guys went to hug and congratulate Cody as well. Soon enough, everyone was out of their seats and giving us hugs. 

"Thank you guys so much for the love. We really appreciate it," I announced. 

Once everyone was back in their seats, Cody and I were bombarded with questions about the pregnancy and the baby. 

"What're you gonna name the baby?" Mady asked. 

"Um, we don't know yet. We don't even know the gender." 

I could hear Clayton asking Cody if our kid would play sports and if we would name our kid after him if it was a boy. Try again, Kersh. 

Everyone was happy. Smiling. I was grateful that they were so happy about my pregnancy. 

"Oh, hey guys, our families don't know about it yet so keep this between us," Cody announced to everyone at the table. 

"Y'all told us before your families?" Buehler asked. 

Cody turned to look at him. "They're comin, they're comin. If they ask, I told them first." 

After we were all settled down, we finally ordered our food. I ordered something light, something that wouldn't upset the baby. 

"No raw fish, okay?" Cody reminded me. 

"Yeah, yeah. It sucks." 

"Just a couple more months, babe," Cody smiled. 

"Oh, shut it."